8

Father takes to one of his meeting rooms. Whatever he wants to speak about with me, he obviously doesn't want anyone to hear since these rooms have been soundproofed since I remember.

"So, spill it. What did I do wrong now?" I say as soon as I have made myself comfortable in one of the spinning chairs that are placed around the table in the room. Father rolls his eyes but takes the seat next to me.

"I want to speak about your visions. Have you been having them regularly? I thought they only happened if you let them or if you lose control?" I sigh as I lean back in my seat. I guess now is a good time as any other to tell him what I smelt and saw when I first encountered mother's body.

"When I first got here, I was really overwhelmed, and my senses were going crazy, I mean they have always been stronger than a normal wolves have been. But, when I saw mom's body, when I got close to her, I mean her scent overpowered me." Father stares at me with confusion in his eyes and I know I have to tell him, I know he has to know why his mate died. Why she was killed.

'Dad," Father's face shows shock since it has been years since I called him Dad, "She reeked of wolfsbane." Father's face hardens as he sits forward more in his seat.

"Did you see anything?" He asks urgently as he leans forward so our faces are closer together. I know he is searching my eyes for the truth and I hate that I have to be the one to tell him this.

"She didn't die of natural causes. Someone in the pack is a rat, he injected her with something, it was clear. He said you sent him to give her medicine, but, she just closed her eyes, and her heart stopped. I'm sorry I wasn't here, maybe I could have seen something earlier.."

"Son! Stop!" I look at Father in shock before lowering my eyes when I see the red blaze in his eyes. "None of this is your fault. I should have been with her. We should have known beforehand. I'm sorry that this is the reason you had to come back, I know how you felt about pack life and I never wanted to cause you any heartache, but I need your help. I need you to stay. Until we find this man who did this to my mate, and your mother. Please say you'll stay." I can see the pleading glaze in my Father's red eyes and I know that I can't leave, not that I really want to anyways, but if I was to leave him now, I know I would break the man.

"Honestly, I wasn't planning on going back." I can see the shock in father's eyes as he takes this information in. He sits back in his seat and I know that I have his full attention. "I quit my job, sold my apartment, pack up my stuff and came here. I wasn't ever really planning on going back. I've been thinking, a lot since Logan sent me the letter about mother passing. And, I know the reasons I said I was going to leave,  they aren't really the reasons I left. Sure, I wanted to be normal, But not human normal." I see the confused look in father's eyes and I know that this really isn't a conversation I want to be having with him, especially since we haven't really have been able to connect much on a conversational level before. Mother use to converse to each other for us.

"You had to have known that I didn't have a lot of friends when I was younger. I mean, I always was at home, I never talked about friends at school." Father looked only more confused about what I was saying. I know that I am going to have to be more direct. "Dad, no one liked me. I was the kid with freaky gifts that no one understood. You want to know why no one has any idea who I am? Why everyone in the room was so confused when you asked to speak with me? They don't remember me. I was forgotten. I left, for four years, but I was forgotten."

I can see that it is all starting to fall into place for Father. His eyes get farther away and I can see the clear sadness he has in his face as he thinks.

"The only reason Ariel remembers who I am is because we use to date. No one knows who I am. Lucas won't even speak to me. My brother's mates look at me with hesitance because they think I'm just some stranger. Literally the only people who have been completely welcoming on me are Jacobi and Aliyah. The two people that I have seen so far that would have no idea of who I am prior to just meeting them because they weren't even born yet. I know you are all family, and I know, at least I hope, that I am welcomed here, but even Logan, who I used to be so close to has some annoyance and hesitance on letting me in."

"Son," Father interrupts as he reaches forward for my arm. I pull back with a frown before shaking my head.

"Let me finished." Father paused but nods as he sits back again. "Don't get me wrong, I love you, I love my family, I love this pack, but I'm not feeling the love back. I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'm asking that you try to let me back in. I know we weren't ever close, I mean, I was the definition of a mommy's boy, and you obviously aren't my mommy." Father smiles slightly and I'll take it since I've honestly only ever heard him laugh like five times in my life. "But, I would like to have a better relationship with you." Father smiles again before nodding, a man of few words.

We both stand up and walk to the door, but I grab Father's arm before we can leave.

"And to answer your first question. I do only have my visions if I force them or if I lose control. The whole thing with Aliyah was because I was still a little sensitive after the vision with mom. I'm sorry I snapped at you." Father only nods again before leading us back to the dining room. I feel a lot lighter with all of the secrets and lies that we have been taken off of my chest. I hope that my father and I can get rid of some of the tension that we have surrounding us. And that we can find the person who took my mother away from me.