22

Jane seems confused as she follows me, and I can smell how worried she is too. She must know that there is something going on with Aliyah.

Father's office is a long walk, but with the speed I am going, it makes it seem as if I am running there, as all too soon the door is in front of me. I honestly don't know what I am going to say, or how I am going to say it. I didn't really get that far in my thinking.

I open the door to father's office and am pleasantly surprised to see Logan and Jackson both in the room. Somehow all the people I need to convince are here.

"What's the matter?" Father asks as we walk into the room. Logan frowns harder when he sees his mate and his child come in behind me.

"Jane? Are you and Aliyah okay?" Logan asks concerned as he pulls his mates in his arms. Jane shrugs as she looks over at me.

"We were talking, getting to know each other when he freaked and said we had to come here now. That it was about Aliyah." Jane speaks softly as she snuggles into her mate and child. It makes me stop and stare at them as I wish for what they have.

You might someday soon. A voice whispers in my head. I smile as I think of my potential mate. I guess I might have that soon after all.

"Noah! What is it?" I turn to look at father and realize that he must have called my name a few times before I actually heard him. I blink but then shake my head as i plan to work this all out in my head.

"At mother's funeral. I saw a vision of her, of her being killed and not simply dying like everyone thought." Jane lets out a little gasp as she s=falls more into Logan's side. "I was, very emotional, and on edge, and I pushed off the fact that I was forced to have a vision. By Aaliyah." I say slowly, seeing if it will click for everyone so I won't have to say it myself.

"What are you trying to say?" Father asks as he stands up and starts pacing back and forth behind his desk. By his behavior I think he knows what I am saying, but seeing as he doesn't want to admit it himself either, I guess I will have to say it.

"Aliyah forced a memory on me. Of when she first saw her parents, you guys." I point to Jane and Logan. "But no one has ever been able to fove a memory or a vision on me before. Add in the fact that her eyes have been flicking back and forth between their normal color and purple. I think there is only one solid explanation to this." Logan gasps this time. Jane seems to be in shock and Jackson a Father share a look that doesn't seem good.

"So youre saying that my daughter, is a Gifted wolf, like you, and can very well be hunted down and killed by hunters, or rogues, or maybe even both?" Logan asks angrily as he holds his daughter and mate even closer. Honestly I think Jane is beginning to have a hard time breathing by the grip that Logan has on her.

"Yes, that very well could happen." I spin around and see Easton standing behind me. He must have come in when I was in dreamy-land, thinking about him. That's kind of embarrassing. What other embarrassing things can I do around him?

"We won't let it come to that." Father gives Easton a stern look, which I snicker at and quickly hide behind my hand as everyone turns to me. "But as much as it pains me to say this, we might need to reconsider the plan of sending in some of our people to investigate this group of hunters and rogues." I mentally cheer in my head. I knew that this would finally change their minds. I may be able to protect myself, but there is no way Aliyah could protect herself if someone came for her. I mean we would do all we can, but sometimes even that isn't enough.

"I still don't think it should be Noah, though. That is a stupid and reckless thing to do. If they find out he is a gifted he is as good as dead." Jackson complains as he pleads with father. Okay, maybe this wont go my way.

"I know that, Jackson. I wouldn't ask him to go, and if i could allow him to offer to go. I still agree that this is too dangerous for you, Noah. This pack lost you once, we aren't willing to go through it again." Father speaks wisely. I should have known he wouldn't have let me go. It was nice for him to try and tell me that he doesn't want me to go though.

"I don't care. I am going." I stay stubborn as I know that if I let myself not be I will be convinced by my family to stay. "It's not just me anymore we have to worry about. Aliyah is a baby, she shouldn't have to grow up into a life where she constantly has to watch her back, hide her powers, and feel as if she doesn't fit in with the other kids in the pack. She should be free to live her life and use her powers for good things, and she should have friends and a family that supports her decisions and her differences." I breath heavily once i have finished my rant. Everyone in the room falls quiet as they realize I'm not talking about Aliyah anymore.

I feel Easton shift behind me and place a hand on my shoulder. A shiver runs through my body at his touch, my wolf finally coming out and realizing this man could be my mate. I shrug him off a little as I take a step back to the door.

"I'm done asking for permission. I'm going." I turn around and walk out the door, slamming it behind me as I leave. I don't feel any remorse for basically yelling at my family and running off by myself, I know what I need to do, and if they aren't going to be by my side, then I am going to go through with it by myself. I just hope someday that they will forgive me for going off by myself, knowing there is a chance that I will die.