p r o l o g u e

The jeon mafia was well known and feared all over Seoul. Although Jeon Jungseok was old and rarely picked up his guns or spoke his voice, his son was all the more feared. Jeon Jungkook was heartless and cold, calculating and gruesome, only nicknamed the 'devil' by his enemies. And where he was, his two trusty demons were not far behind.

Mr. Song and his wife enjoyed a nice dinner in their favorite restaurant when a young male with parted silver hair slid in the seat next to his wife. His smile was radiant and almost made his eyes disappear when he kissed her knuckles. Mr. Song just watched in silence, his lips pressed into a grim expression, sipping his wine with mild annoyance. Their love has cooled off long ago and he didn't particularly care about their marriage any longer. They both had affairs anyway.

Mrs. Song was absolutely smitten and flattered by the attention the young male seemed to give her and gladly leaned closer when he leaned in towards her. "What's your name, beautiful?" he asked with a sultry tone close by her ear as if they were sharing some kind of intimate secret. "Nayeon" she answered in the same intensity, staring into the stranger's eyes. They held something dark and captivating, she just couldn't look away from him.

"What's yours?" she asked back, trying to look just as sultry but failed. He chuckled darkly at her attempt. "I am far more interested in what you could come up with when you are screaming my name later" he breathed into her ear and Nayeon shivered in delight. With one last look at her husband, who sipped his wine like nothing was happening, she nodded and stood up. "I have a hotel room" she declared and took the silver-haired male by the hand, leading him away from the table.

The silver-haired male discreetly made eye contact with a blond guy at the bar and said male stood up from his bar stool, swirling the ruby red liquid in his glass, before settling his eyes on the recently dumped man at the table. "Women are the worst, aren't they?" he spoke with his deep and gentle voice, startling the old man. With a small smirk, he gestured to the free chair at the table and Mr. Song nodded.

The blond male lowered himself gracefully on the chair and placed his own wine glass in front of him. "Tell me all about it, my friend." They talked for what seemed an eternity but was probably less than fifteen minutes, the alcohol made it seem longer and soon Mr. Song was happily intoxicated and blabbering on and on. The young man stood up somewhere in between his rant about the infidelity of his wife and walked around the table, standing behind the old man and gripping the back of the chair.

"I'll tell you something, my friend" he chuckled darkly and suddenly his voice didn't seem that warm anymore. "You have made a grave mistake today~" With his words, Mr. Song felt a small spark of pain in his arm and could just spot the syringe that disappeared in the male's back pocket. "Wha-" Then everything went black.

When Mr. Song came back to his senses, he noticed that he was outside, in a back alley of the restaurant, he thought. The silver-haired male and the blond male were casually leaning against the moist and dirty brick walls, seeming almost bored with the situation. The shorter one of the males turned his head at the noise when Mr. Song tried to stand up, but he was still intoxicated from the drug and the alcohol he had consumed.

The young man laughed in delight. "Sleeping beauty finally woke up!" he giggled and his face seemed so overjoyed and harmless, Mr. Song almost forgot the situation he was in. The two males slowly stalked closer, like predators and in some sense they were. "The Panther and the Viper... I should've noticed sooner" he chuckled darkly. "How'd you like my wife? Was she satisfying enough?" The silver-haired male laughed again.

"What a needy bitch you have there. I have her all tied up and waiting for me when I finish you off" he spat almost, then he delivered a calculated and strong kick to his jaw, making the old man sprawled on the dirty floor, blood dripping from his lip. He took blow after blow from the sadistic males.

"I am quite puzzled, boys" he groaned. "The demons are allowed to go out without their devil today? Jeon can't even finish his own business himself?" The Panther was just about to kick his ribs in when another chilling voice traveled through the alley. "Why should I miss out on all the fun?" Mr. Song's blood ran cold, as a young man, even younger than the men before him, stalked towards them casually.

He was not dressed in his expensive Armani suits that you would associate with the young Mafioso but was wearing only skinny ripped jeans and a grey hoodie. For some reason that made him all the more intimidating. He toyed with a gun he was holding when he stopped in front of the poor man. "If it isn't the devil himself. I feel special" he spat blood at his feet, but Jeon Jungkook did not seem bothered.

"Like a cornered animal, how cute" he mused, a big bunny-like smile creeping onto his face. "Your sharp tongue won't help you any longer, my dear friend. It's game over for you~" A single shot to the head and Mr. Song sprawled on the floor like a puppet without its strings.

How is that for a prologue? This will be definitely darker than my previous works with a lot of mature scenes. This is a mafia fanfic after all ^^ I still hope you like it and will support the story ❤️ See you soon, my lovelies~