t h r e e

Nayeon was a coward. She didn't come home that night and she didn't come home the whole day after. It seemed like she hadn't got the courage to send her daughter off, after selling her for her own life. Nami stayed inside the whole day, torn between actually packing her stuff and angrily throwing everything out of her suitcase again because no, she was not going with him! She was crying and crying, praying for whatever higher entity was watching over the humans that it would save her from her fate. But it turned 7 and Nami decided to hastily pack her stuff again, realizing that nobody would save her. 

All her clothes ended up in one big suitcase, while her other belongings, her favorite book, phone, charger and all her other important stuff was packed into her backpack. At exactly 8 pm, the doorbell rang and Nami walked downstairs with sluggish steps, feeling tears already well in her eyes again. When she opened the door, she was met with the devil himself, leaning coolly against the door, smiling at her with the biggest grin he could muster. "All ready, princess?" he asked, a warm purr in his voice. 

Nami nodded curtly, gripping the straps of her backpack tightly and refusing to look at the man in front of her. Jungkook seemed not fazed at all by it, she just walked by her into the house and took the suitcase that was still located by the stairs. "Come on, princess. Get your little ass into the car, please" he murmured when Nami was still standing by the door and with one last sigh, Nami walked out of the door and out of her life. Jungkook loaded the suitcase into the trunk of his car and opened the passenger's door for her before he himself slid behind the wheel and drove off. 

Nami had expected a driver to pick her up, or at least someone driving instead of the man, but he had really come alone. She resulted in staring at him during the drive, not uttering a single word, until Jungkook finally met her gaze, lifting one perfect eyebrow. "Where are you taking me?" the girl finally asked. Nami expected something like a warehouse, his personal torture chamber, the auction, everything but not his next words. 

"Jeon Tower, the 47th floor, my penthouse." Nami's eyes widened, but she had no idea what to answer to that. Thank you that you aren't gonna sell me at an auction? Thank you not for killing me in your torture chamber? So Nami just said nothing, sitting back in the car seat, a little more relaxed than before. Another few minutes of silence passed between them, Jungkook tapping an unknown beat on the steering wheels once and again. 

"Aren't you gonna blindfold me, so I can't memorize my escape route or something?" Nami asked after a while when the tower was already standing proudly on the horizon. Jungkook laughed loudly at that. "That would be just pathetic! Do you really think I'm that paranoid? Knowing that I will kill your entire family and boyfriend if you try to escape should be more than enough precautions, don't you think?" 

The rest of the drive Jungkook didn't look at her and Nami didn't say anything, she just watched the tower grow bigger and bigger, the city more animated, the people fancier and the shops more expensive. They really have reached the heart of the city now. Jungkook parked his car in an underground car park in the tower amidst a lot of other expensive looking cars. Nami gripped her backpack tightly as she looked around. "Wow, so many beautiful cars. I wonder who they belong to" she muttered under her breath. 

"They're mine" came the nonchalant answer from Jungkook and Nami turned to him with a bamboozled facial expression. "All yours?" The man nodded before he unloaded her suitcase and handed it to one of the men that were situated by the elevator. "You can get rid of this for me" he calmly said to the man, who just nodded curtly, before disappearing with all of Nami's clothes. "Hey! What do you mean 'getting rid of them'! That's all I have!" she immediately reacted, looking at Jungkook in anger. 

The latter just smirked, entering the elevator and pulling Nami in with him. "We'll get you new stuff tomorrow, something that actually has class" he simply answered, pushing the button for the foyer. She really couldn't believe this rich jerk, but since arguing not seemed to do anything here, she just sulked in a corner, refusing to look at the man in front of her. Nami could almost feel his amused gaze on her. 

When the elevator doors opened, Nami made no sign of exiting, so Jungkook walked over to her, lifting her chin so she would look at him. "Come on, love. I have something to take care of still, so you have to be a little more patient with me. Be a good girl and sit on the couch, okay? Seeing that Nami had no choice in that matter, she sighed heavily and then walked into the foyer. The foyer was breathtakingly huge and elegant. The floor was covered with red carpets, the walls seemed to be marble and a big golden staircase led up to the next floor. A huge chandelier hung from the ceiling, glittering in the light. 

Nami momentarily forgot her anger and just blankly stared at the beauty of this room. She walked over to one of the white sofas in the huge room and sat down, just as she was told. She waited patiently, kind of in her own little world, until she felt something weird on her lap. When she looked down, she saw a long white and brown speckled snake slithering over her lap. She screamed, freezing up completely until a handsome blond man sat down on the couch next to her. "Don't move or Hermione will bite you and then it's over for you, sweetcheeks" he spoke casually. 

Nami looked at him in panic. "Get her off" she whispered, close to tears. The man chuckled before he reached for the snake with one hand and lifted her off of Nami's lap. "You need to know, Hermione here is a fuzzy little snake. Very mean if she wants to and she will bite if she feels like it. One bite and you're dead so-" While he was talking, the snake suddenly struck, biting the attractive male in the jaw. Nami's eyes widened in panic, while he just sighed as if he was merely disappointed. 

"Looks like I will have to spend another day violently throwing up" he muttered, detaching the snake from his jaw with a disapproving look. "We have to get you to the hospital!" the girl panicked, but the man just shook his head. "They bit me so often already, I'm practically immune" he informed her casually while wiping the tiny droplets of blood from his chin. Then he stood up, walking off without another word in her direction, leaving her confused as to what she got herself into. 

This is so unedited, I'm actually scared to put it out there lmao. But yeah! Here's another update because I constantly get these surges of inspiration for this fanfic and need to progress this story so I can write them. I hope you like the chapter and see you soon!