CH11:The Attacks

Tsuna awoke with a tired and long suffering groan, muscles aching with an intensity he had never felt before.

(̶l̶i̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶k̶n̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶v̶a̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶p̶h̶a̶n̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶u̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶n̶i̶s̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶.̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.̶)̶

He felt like he'd been through right, as if he'd been tossed around like a ragdoll multiple times.

...which was frankly not too far from the truth, scarily enough.

Sora's training was no joke.

---

"So... What'll we be doing, then?" He frowned, eyes furrowed as the two sat peacefully on a small meadow, discussing their plans for the training.

But Sora only chuckled, eyes gleaming eerily, in a way that made Tsuna gulp and fear for his life.

"You'll see, Tsuna. You'll see..."

God. What exactly had he signed up for?

---

"Another lap around the woods, Tsuna! No stopping, just jog if your body needs time to recover."

"Again! Keep your body on guard at all times!"

"Your left side has an opening, Tsuna!"

A heavy punch was dealt upon his side, making Tsuna grunt at the force of it as he stumbled backwards.

Sora was powerful.

Really, really, insanely powerful.

Seriously, what had he signed up for?

"One more time!"

Tsuna glowered determinedly, and Sora smirked, as though in approval. "Don't blame me when I kick your ass again then!" He teased.

The two exchanged blows till the crack of dawn, and Tsuna's alarm let out a shrill ring. They had fully intended to continue their spars, of course, but quickly decided against it.

Wouldn't be good to make Reborn suspicious as to why he was skipping school for a day.

"Alright! Remember to meet me back here tomorrow!"

Tsuna groaned.

---

The brunet shook his head recalling how carefree Sora was. Or more specifcally, how absolutely spartan.

Slugglishly, Tsuna plucked himself from his bed, grimancing slightly as his muscles protested, and prepared for school.

And it was almost funny. Ironic even, because just a few months ago, it would had been absurd seeing their dining table this lively.

Lambo was screaming, throwing a fit as usual, while the newly-joined I-pin and Bianchi were busy chatting, politely taking bites out of their toast from time to time. Reborn, on the other hand, was just stealing food off Ienari's plate.

Tsuna smiled at that, feeling warmth and protectiveness eminate in his chest. He was happy that his brother was getting a bigger family. He deserved that, at least.