CH35: Distant Memories

Tch-

...Sora? Are you okay?

Ah- Oh, Tsuna! Don't worry, I'm fine.

....Really?

...

Yeah.

You know you can tell me if something's wrong, right?

Of course. Now go on, your friends are calling.

Sora smiled gently, watching as Hibari ruffled his parallel self's hair almost affectionately.

The sharp sting in his arm almost made him cry out once more but Sora bit back a scream. "Now then..." He started weakly, beads of sweat falling. "What's going on?"

'someoneshere'

"Haha, never thought I'd see you here again, Tsuna."

The brunet turned, meeting their eyes and gave a sharp gasp. "Wha...?"

---

"You mentioned that Dr. Kashima sealed your memories. What caused it to all come back?" Reborn asked, his fedora ducked down to shield his murderous gaze.

"Ah. Sora... helped." There was weariness in his tone and everyone couldn't help but wince at that.

"Tsuna-sama... Are you sure you're alright? Dr. Kashima was precious to you and..."

Tsuna had to smile at his right hand man's worry. "I'm alright. After all, he would have wanted me to move on with a smile."

Gokudera visibly relaxed at that. "If you say so. But we'll all be here if you want...to...talk...-" He trailed off, a light shade of red blossoming on his face.

Ah...

I'm really lucky to have someone as nice as Gokudera be my friend.

"...Tsuna." Reborn's voice made the brunet blink, ruining the tender moment.

It was seemingly solemn, unlike the usual cheery tone the hitman often used. "What is this Experiment 101?"

The boy flinched. The phantom sting of needles and the ghastly stench of blood flooded his vision.

"It's...Well... The aim was to-" The door chose a convinient time to get smashed open, making the hitman scowl.

"God fu*king damn i-...?" He growled, readying his gun only to stop short at the sight of the very familiar boy that stood at the doorway.

Welp, there went the composure he prided himself of having.

Caramel eyes locked with hazy blue ones and Tsuna inhaled sharply.

"Ie-kun...?"

---

Something was amiss, Ienari could sense it.

It felt as if something had finally clicked it place, like a missing puzzle piece had finally fit with the rest.

The first sign was the sudden jolt that sent him arching upwards in pain as a minty green light filled his vision. It resembled lightning, and Ienari could have sworn he felt his flames react violently to it.

The second were the voices. They were familiar ones, shining with child-like innocence. He could always hear the affection in them as they sung him praises.

The blond didn't know what caused him to defy orders. Perhaps it was the suffocating curiousity, maybe it was the tiny voice in his head that was begging him to just stop and remember-