CH25:Punishment

"Sora, don't push yourself, okay?" Byakuran whispered. He frowned slightly, even as Sora smiled, pushing forth a small wave of harmony that caused Byakuran to sigh contently.

"I will." He promised. "And tell Kat I miss her too."

Byakuran's lips curved into a teasing grin. "You loooooove her."

Sora choked, flushing. He shooed Byakuran away good-naturedly. "Oh, go on now!" 

Byakuran cackled. "Fine, fine, Sora-chan. You're so cute, you know?" He said, before finally, finally leaving. Sora sighed nostalgically, shaking his head. There was a smile on his face though, small and tentative, but there all the same.

Yet, it fell a moment later, as he turned towards Hibari, expression severe. "Now, one last thing before I go."

The room tensed. Was it bad news? Imminent death? An omen?

Sora frowned deeper, and then, he said:

"Hibari-kun, when are you planning to stop acting like a tsundere and confess?"

Silence. Utter silence.

Hibari blinked, slow and languid, before his ears started turning pink. There was a moment where nothing happened, as Hibari tried to process the information. Sora saw the exact moment the thought landed.

"I'll bite you to death!"

Sora cackled.

Hibari charged, tonfas swinging forward as he growled, and then–

"HIEEE?!"

Hibari paused mid assault.

"Usagi."

The tonfas had missed by a mere inch as Tsuna slipped back into consciousness. He heaved a sigh of relief and ignored Sora, who was still cackling, mentally thanking Kami instead for his luck.

After all, it wasn't everyday he got to escape from   very nearly getting bonked by painful, painful tonfas. He, of all people, would know just how hard Hibari hit.

"K-Kyoya." Tsuna reached out to pat Hibari's head, sighing slightly. Jeez, Sora was still cackling. "Do you—"

He was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

Tsuna scowled slightly at the interruption. Surprisingly, though Hibari did look slightly annoyed,  he otherwise made no other movement. Instead, he waited patiently for Tsuna's response, raising a brow as he did so, seemingly expectant.

"Well, Tsuna?" Reborn finally spoke up. "Aren't you going to get the door?"

Tsuna had a bad feeling about this. But... if Reborn was telling him to open the door, surely it couldn't be too bad, right? After another glance at Reborn for confirmation, and receiving a wary nod (be careful), Tsuna cautiously began to make his way to the door.

He breathed in slowly –the door had never loomed quite as large– and then finally, he opened it. What he saw nearly gave him a heart attack.

Because there Ienari was, after one week of absence; eyes shadowed and stance guarded, like nothing was amiss at all.

Tsuna tensed.

No. Something's wrong.

"Ienari...?"