CH34: His Sacrifice

CH34: His Sacrifice

"Ne, Dr. Kashima? Have you ever thought...

What if one day you had to choose... Either save yourself or save someone close you love? And if you choose to save that someone, you'd...cease to exist?

Noone would remember you, or even know your name.

What would you do?"

---

"YOU DUMBASS!" Lorenzo growled, grip on Tsuna's throat tightening, making the boy pale to a dangerous white.

Still, the brunet did not utter a word.

The older man finally loosened his grip, dropping the boy to the ground.

Tsuna started to cough as he inhaled deep gulps of air. Yet, he continued to glare heatedly at the Glicine boss.

Lorenzo's lips twisted into a snarl as he punched onto wall, promptly making it crumble. "Tch, BOYS!" He yelled, and immediately two men burst in through the door.

"H-Hai, Lorenzo-sama?" They were a nervous wreck, sputtering and sweating as they spoke. Lorenzo smirked, making them gulp. Tsuna remained silent and forgotten.

"Speed up Experiment 101. We're making him our new toy, since he freed Subject 72."

One of the men's eyes widened. "B-But that'll increase the chances of him d-dyin-!" "Do I look like I care?" The man stopped.

"Hmm~Kyehehe on second thought, can't have such a fine sample dying on me~ Ask the doctor to heal him using more life flames then."

They bowed and dragged Tsuna out of the room, yet the boy did not put up a fight.

Life... flames?

---

"Tsuna-kun, what were you thinking?!"

Dr. Kashima exploded, face the picture of worry. Tsuna gave a soft chuckle, face set in an apologetic smile.

"Ah, sorry...I made you get in troubl-" A sharp bonk was delivered upon him. "Ittai! What was that for?!" The brunet pouted and frowned in pain, rubbing his head slightly.

Dr. Kashima sighed, bringing the boy into a hug. "Child...I was very worried for you. I was so scared that they'd kill you..." Then, he added on jokingly. "Don't give this old man a scare, Tsuna-kun! My heart won't be able to take it!"

Tsuna giggled softly, tears blurring his vision slightly.

"Thanks, Dr. Kashima. You're really a great person."

To which the doctor laughed fondly. "Alright, enough of all that sappiness."

He turned to face Tsuna, face turning completely serious. Tsuna looked at him in confusion.

"How would you like to get out of here?"

Eh?

---

"Hrk!" Tsuna gasped, feeling weaker than ever. Jerad, wrapped up in many bandages smirked sadistically.

"Kekeke~ With that, Experiment 101 is practically done~!" The man cheered like a child. Tsuna blinked dazedly.

Done...?

Hah...tonight's the night too...

Jerad didn't suspect a thing. Neither did Lorenzo.