Chapter 7

~1 hour later~

I lay lifeless on the ground, mortified on what Billy had done to me. Half my Clothing was ripped off of me, leaving my back bare. Even with all the pleads and protests to get him to stop his actions it never worked.

My body was shaking from the cold and on how scared I was, and am, on what he took from me without my permission. Something that I can never get back. Ever.

Eventually after Billy invaded me and my body in the barn, he left me, still tied to the rope he tied along my wrist an hour ago.

I could have done more. I could have screamed until my lungs couldn't take it anymore. But I didn't. And I'm a coward for not.

My face still brimmed with tears, I felt like nothing anymore. And I wanted to kill myself for the ache of what I had just in countered.

———————————-
Diana's POV:

The bell rang for school to begin and I went to sit by Anne since she just came back today. Mr Philips, unfortunately, told us that he would no longer be teaching at our school anymore.

Of course everyone acted like it was a tragedy that he was leaving, but I knew on the inside everyone was leaping with joy that the guy was leaving.

Once class ended I noticed that Evelyn wasn't in class. Confused, I walked up to Nathaniel and tugged on his shoulder.

He was in a conversation with Gilbert and didn't seem to notice my arm tugging.

"Nathaniel?" I ask again trying to get his attention.

He still ignored me so I tried to get Gilbert's attention, which worked.

Gilbert nodded his head in my direction to get Nathaniel attention.

"Yes Diana?" He asked slightly annoyed of me interrupting him.

"Is Evelyn sick? She didn't seem to come to school and..."

Nathaniel also seemed confused.

"Yeah...I mean she's not sick or anything like that, but she was suppose to come to school today."

Fear took over my body.

"Do you think something happened to her?" I ask worried for her sake.

"I'm sure she is home, maybe she was sick once I left for school."

I shooked my head in disagreement.

"Something doesn't seem right.."

"Wait Diana!" Anne says rushing up to me.

"Billy wasn't in school today either. Do you think.."

Terror spread in all of our faces.

"We should all go look for her. I'll go check by the river, you guys know anywhere else she could be?" Gilbert asked also panicking.

"Anne and I could check the house and in town to see if anyone has seen her." Nathaniel says nodding towards Anne. Anne blushed.

We all nodded.

"I'll go check the old barn down the street too." I said quickly gathering my stuff to go search for her.

————
Once everyone spreaded out to find Evelyn, I make my way to the old abandoned barn at the end of town.

Please be here Evelyn. I thought hoping that she would be in there.

I then reached the barn doors, to my surprised it was slightly opened. I opened the door to pear inside. At first I didn't see anybody until I saw a figure laying on some hay in the left corner of the barn.

"Evelyn?" I ask making my way towards her.

Getting closer to her I noticed that she was half clothed and shivering from the cold. I quickly ran towards her.

"Oh! Evelyn, what happen to you?!" I ask urgently Running towards her.

She was sobbing, with her arm crossed over her chest to try to keep warm. I quickly took off my coat and rapped it around her.

"Evelyn tell me what happened..." I demanded rubbing her shoulders with my hands.

"Diana..he....he-" her sobs broke out even more from fear.

"Evelyn I'm here for you." I say comforting her by giving her body a hug.

After a couple for minutes of her crying she eventually stoped.

"Diana it was awful! I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen and-"

"Shhh it's okay! You are safe now." I say comforting her some more.

I could hear voices outside the barn, assuming it was Anne and everyone else I called out to them.

"I'm in here you guys! I found Evelyn!" I yell out to get there attention, still sitting on the ground next to her.

They all rushed in, running up to us.

The all seem to notice Evelyn's state of attire because they had shocked looks on their faces.

"Evelyn what happened?" Nathaniel asked kneeling down next to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. She flinched from his touch and scooted closer to me. Nathaniel quickly put is hand down to calm her.

"Billy...he...he..." she couldn't bring herself to talk about what happened.

"What did he do Evelyn?" Gilbert asked anger and worry filling his face.

Evelyn looked down in shame, her hair falling over her face. A tear dropped from her nose.

She sighed.

"He raped me."