Chapter 16

Sitting at Gilbert's dining room table, he discusses with me about the work I've missed over the days. We have been going at this for about an hour now, and I was getting quiet bored.

I could hear Gilbert talking to me about how Cleopatra and Mark Anthony fell in love, but my mind was somewhere else. I wasn't paying attention to him at all about work.

He seemed to notice my focus being somewhere else so he stopped talking a cleared his throat, making me jump a little.

"Oh sorry Gilbert..I-"

He shooked his head, smirking.

"Eve am I boring you?" He asked crossing his arms around his chest defensively sitting across from me.

"What?! No! No Gilbert I was listening...." my eyes traveled always from his trying my best to not lie to his face. "Most of the time." I mumbled hoping he didn't hear the last part.

"What was that Eve? I couldn't hear that last part?" He said tilting his head at me like a lost puppy.

I rolled me eyes at him, glaring.

"Ohhh! I see how it is!" Gilbert says standing up from the chair with his arms in the air in defense.

I try to hold in my smile from his goofy ness .

"What?" I ask trying to act innocent.

He walked up to my chair and roughly turned it around to face him. Squatting down to my eye level he smirked.

"You think I'm a boring teacher do you Miss Evelyn?" He asked in a deep voice bringing his face closer to mine.

I could feel the heat coming to me face.

"I...I.." I shake my head to get a grip. "No I am grateful for you to tutor me Gilbert!" I say getting up from the chair to get away from Gilbert.

He seemed to enjoy me discomfort because he smirks, striding towards me backing me up until me back hit the wall of the kitchen. 

Putting his hands on both sides on my face, blocking me from leaving our position he again gets closer to me.

"Don't lie to me Evelyn, you won't hurt my feelings." He whispers in my ear, his comment towards me but his eyes directed on my lips.

"Gilbert I.." I couldn't find any words to speak to him.

"Go on.." He states. Tucking a piece of my fallen hair behind my ear.

After a few seconds of  hot silence we both seem to forget about our conversation. Gilbert and I both seemed to be interested in something else. And it was not school work or Cleopatra.

His eyes were back on my face, sucking in every detail with his eyes.

"You are quiet beautiful Eve, more than I can express." He says taking his fingers to brush the side of my cheek.

But his touch didn't stop there. He instead of taking his finger away from my cheek his slid it back up my face. Gliding it across my fore-head.

Then my nose.

Then my other cheek.

His touch was so soothing and soft that I closed my eyes for this comfort he was giving me.

His fingers gently went over my eyes, and over my face again. Tracing my face like a painting of some sort.

Gilbert's fingers then, stopping, reaches my lips.

I opened my eyes watching him as his focus of on my lips.

He traces my lips gently, leaving goose bumps on my arms.