Chapter 17

I didn't bother to wait for Nate after I stormed out of the schools yard. I was too in the moment to care of waiting for him. Especially if he was flirting with a group of girls for over 20 minutes.

I walk along the path, my boots stomping hard in the freshly fallen snow. It was almost the middle of November so the weather has picked up a lot lately for cold weather and storms.

Like every other day, nothing has changed in the town of Avelona. Bakers shop hasn't changed, Ms.Mary's clothing boutique, the town market, nothing has really changed.

The only stores that happened to be changed was the stores that were open mainly spring threw fall. Never the winter. So while walking the path past the town I could see some store owners boarding up their buildings to wait until the spring to re-open them.

The only store I would miss would be the flower shop. It always smelled heavenly walking past it and Grandma would sometimes have a batch or two in the house.

The wind began to pick up, blowing my hat off my head. It happened to be blowing in the direction of the Cuthbert's home. Sighing in annoyance I run to hopefully retrieve it.

After a few attempts of trying to catch up with my hat, I failed miserably. Either I would be falling into the snow from running too fast and falling or I would try to stomp on the hat if close enough but ALSO missed the stupid hat. This attempt would make my hat blow away faster.

The closer I got to the Cuthbert's house, the more annoyed I was at myself of not being able to retrieve the hat.

If I didn't retrieve my hat soon and head back in the direction of my house, I'll probably be late for dinner.

Or worse. I'll probably be in huge trouble with Grandma.

Great.

Running up to my hat thinking I was in head of it, I leap towards it my finger tips grazing the hat. Thinking I finally caught the hat, I yelled happily.

That is until once I did catch the flying hat, I tripped on a hidden stump in the ground covered by snow, causing me to roll down the hill heading towards Anne's.

"Ahhhh!"

I couldn't see where I was rolling, only the snow that was rolling off my back and onto my face.

It seems for ever until I finally rolled to a stop, abruptly knocking into a tree, causing MORE snow to fall on me.

I hate my life.

•••••••••••••

Grumbling to myself I get up from the ground and start wiping the snow off myself. But I didn't see the reason for that. I was already soaked and cold.

I looked around the ground to get my hat until I heard someone walking up to me from behind.

"Are you okay miss?" A deep voice asked from behind.

Not noticing the voice I turned around to see a boy, maybe around my brothers age, coming up to me.

The boy had dark brown hair coming to his ears almost and he was lanky but still well built form the looks of how his long sleeved shirt tightened around his arms.

"No! No I'm not okay!" I shout anger buildings inside me. "My stupid hat just had to fly off me! I was completely fine until then! Oh wait no I wasn't! I had to deal with stupid Gilbert Blythe after school! He didn't even know what to say to me?! Even though he did want to! I don't understand at all?! First him, then the hat, then me rolling down the hill getting soaked! And don't let me remind you that I still can't find that stupid god for sake -"