Chapter 1

I slapped my best guy friend's hand for the fourth time this evening. "If you keep eating my fries, you're going to be too fat for the game. Seth is going to kill both of us," I teased.

Graham feigned hurt. "You think I'm fat?" He lifted up his shirt to check if his immaculate set of abs was still there. It was.

"Yes," I said seriously.

He stole the rest of my fries and dumped them in the nearest trash. "Then I guess neither of us can have fries," he grinned.

"Graham!" I shrieked. "You promised to stop throwing away my food." He cheekily smiled and then eyed my bowl of pasta. I narrowed my eyes. "Don't do it. I won't speak to you again if you do."

He grabbed a bite of my pasta. "You think I care if you ever talk to me again, Alexa? No one to call me fat, no one to scare off all my flings. Sounds like paradise to me."

"You are the one that calls me fat and scares off any date I ever go one," I corrected him and finished off the rest of my pasta. I then scooted the bowl towards the edge of the table so the waitress would know we were done.

Graham chuckled. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Last year's homecoming. Liam Gartner?" I raised my eyebrow. "He made me a sign and everything and you said it was so cool really loud that he was asking out Alexa Peters, when he really meant me."

"He wasn't good enough," Graham shrugged.

"And you are?"

"Alex are you saying you would have rather gone with that soccer geek than the star wide receiver of Baylor?" He rolled his eyes.

"I didn't go with you either, bub. We aren't dating." A smile arose from my lips. "Liam does know how to sweep a girl off her feet in an apology, though."I handled the passing waitress her tip and got out from the table of the City Cafe, which was Graham and I's favorite study spot. We were currently studying for a chemistry test

Graham's mouth popped open. "Is that where you went during all the slow dance songs?"

"Who can say?" I laughed.

Graham followed me to the door. "You're officially walking home," he declared. 

"That's fine. I'll just call big brother Seth when I'm being kidnapped and tell him you refused to drive me home because you got your ego bruised," I grinned.

He opened the door to the truck for me. "You are a conniving little female."

I shrugged. "One of my many perks. Why do you think I don't have a car? I just blackmail all of you into driving me."

He shook his head as he pulled out of the parking lot and on to the road. "That just furthers the question of how any of us put up with you."

"Because you are kissing up to Seth?" I offered.

"Who can say."

I threw my head back and laughed. "Wow. Okay then. Truth is coming out of the both of us today."

"Hmm. Where to Alex?"

I rolled my eyes. "My house, duh."

He shrugged. "Just got to check in. You sure you don't want me to drop you off at Liam's house?"

"Of course not, silly," I said, which made him relax. I grinned. "I'm not supposed to come over until 7."

He put the brakes on the car coming up to the stop sign a little too hard. I smiled innocently at him.