Chapter 8

I locked myself in my room before I dare open my phone and look at Blake's text. My dad was home again, and he was on the prowl for a reason to start up a fight with me, or Seth. But it was when a chair was pressed up against the door knob so I was really sealed in that I finally felt safe enough to retrieve my phone from my purse.

Saturday night. 6. I'll pick you up. -Blake

That was it? That was all the details I got? All my effort to shield my phone from private eyes and the only thing they were missing out on was the obvious when. Unbelievable.

No more than that? -Me

I wanted to say something a lot meaner, but maybe I was jumping to too many conclusions. I was having an emotional day with my talk with Graham happening only a couple hours ago that put me at period-hormone level thinking. I needed to give him a chance to explain himself.

Bring a bathing suit -Blake

I rolled my eyes. A classy first date, indeed.

My thumbs slid up and down the key pad of the phone as I decided what to do next. If that was all he was going to give me, and not even in question format, I wasn't going to respond. The best thing to do was to find something else to keep my mind from wandering until Saturday.

Normally my answer would be pretty simple. Find some place to go and goof off there with my friends. For four days straight. Until Saturday. But the hick in my plan was that McKenzie was grounded for stalking the bimbo at the movies. Maddie was taking credit recovery classes. Connor and Alex were at football practice just like Seth. And then Graham? Not even an option.

I fell back into the softness of my bed, though it did nothing to put my mind at ease. I stared up at the ceiling in frustration because never had I ever been this bored in my life.

I looked back at the phone in my hand whose pad I was still rubbing thoughtfully. Maybe Seth being my brother and a senior could come in use after all.

~~~~~

I was right. Oh so right. At first the bought of mindless gossip with airheads seemed like the silliest and more boring thing in the world. But when I didn't know much else about these people, it became a whole lot more fun.

I looked at Taylor in shock. I took a sip of my smoothie as a thought. "I don't think confronting her is the right thing to do."

"But she stole him from me!" Taylor pouted.

I set down my smoothie to better convey my point. "She's definitely in the wrong, girl, but don't confront her. Use him."

"You mean make him make my boobs better than hers?" She asked.

I nodded. "Exactly. I heard she went from an A cup to a B cup. Now you just go to a C cup! She'll be jealous it's too late because you have already stolen Dr. Nople back."

Even GG's eyes were wide in amazement. "You are a genius," she gushed. She turned to Taylor. "Megan is going to be so mad. You have to do it!"

All the girls at the table looked at Taylor, chorusing their agreement. Taylor looked down at her chest. She adjusted the bra on her non existent boobs. Then she looked back up and beamed. "I'm doing it!" She declared.

We raised our smoothies up in celebration. "Hooray!" We cheered and sipped away at the low fat, dairy free shake.

I leaned back in the booth, proud of my work. These girls were slowly learning my ways of how to be a silent bitch. I was never more happy of my influence.

Taylor moaned. "I smudged my lipstick on these cheap ass straws," she complained. She looked at me with her big brown eyes. "Alexa will you come with me to the bathroom to fix it?"