Chapter 2

What I didn't tell Graham about the 'girl's night out' was that it wasn't really just us three girls of the friend group going to the movies. Alex and Connor were joining us because this was a double date plus me.

The girls were confused why I didn't just go with Graham but I told them it would be too weird if we made it seem like we were going together. We were supposed to be best friends, like siblings. Siblings of our age didn't go to the movies together.

When we got to the movies, I stayed behind to get the food while they got us the seats.

"Two popcorns? 10.98," the concessions man said.

I dug the cash out of my pocket. With too much to carry, I just told him to keep the change. I then filled my arms with the popcorn and went to the theater. As I was about to go in, I was stopped by the man at the door.

"Ticket?"

I looked down at the pounds of food in my hand. "I have one, but, uh, I can't really reach it right now."

"Not my problem. No ticket, no entry."

"This is not friendly customer service," I grumbled.

I set down my popcorn and fished around my purse for my ticket. At last I found it and handed it over to the man with an added irritated glare. He ignored my glare and nodded. "Have a nice movie."

"Ya sure." I picked up my popcorn and went into the movie. The previews had just started.

I searched through the crowd until I spotted McKenzie's bright blonde hair. I walked up the stairs, smiling because I was ready to just sit bCk and enjoy a movie with my friends without any drama. But then I found their row, and my attitude turned sour.

"You didn't save me a seat?" I hissed at Maddie. She grabbed the popcorn before addressing me.

"We did, hun. Right next to Connor."

"Uh huh. Then why do I see a bimbo pulling down her shirt right next to Connor?"

Maddie whipped her head around to see that I was indeed telling the truth. She whispered something to McKenzie, whose eyes popped out of her head in response, before turning back to me. "Sorry girl. We told Connor to save that seat."

"Great," I moaned.

I turned around, deciding this night was disastrous and I no longer had any desire to watch the chick flick. If my romantic life was a wreck, why should I watch someone else blossom? Horror was probably more my speed tonight.

I sauntered back out of the movie. At the door, I walked up to the mean ticket taker, who was close to dozing off before my arrival. "Hey, You." He woke up. I rolled my eyes. "What horror movies are out right now?"

"The Cellar premieres tonight," he yawned. "But good luck getting into it. It's probably sold out."

"Have any extra tickets?"

"No."

"Not even after how mean you were to me?"

"Still no."

I groaned in frustration. Well. Still worth a shot to see if there were any tickets left. McKenzie was my ride home, unless I was that desperate that I was willing to call Graham and shamefully tell him what was supposed to happen tonight.

Thankfully I wasn't that desperate. Not yet.

I walked back to the ticket counter and slammed twenty bucks on the counter. "One ticket to The Cellar."

"Sold out."

"Not even one measly ticket?"

"Nope."