Chapter 9

My leg was bouncing up and down all through class. Sometimes so violently that it bumped up against the desk and knocked over my tube of potion. Graham got annoyed because he kept having to make a new one, and then, a thought would strike me, and my leg would bounce up higher.

"What is your problem?" Graham hissed. "So help me you knock over that tube one more time, I'm gonna make sure it spills over your shirt."

I glared. "I can't help that I have more important things to do today than sit here and play partner to you," I mumbled. I gestured to our work station. "Seriously, Graham, you write my notes, you correct my homework, you do all the labs, and you clean up afterwards! I just feel like arm candy."

"That's because you are arm candy. But you're doing it beautifully," he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want to be here."

"Neither do I," Graham protested. "Besides, you are not the only one with something 'important' to do tonight. I mean, hello? Regional game tonight against Frontier!"

I snickered. Why? Because it always made me laugh when I heard that name. I mean, frontier? Their school uniforms must be khakis and a plaid shirt. And if you were feeling really stylish, a bandana for the ladies, and spangled boots for the boys.

Graham scoffed. "What on earth do you have going on tonight that is more important than the lab right now?"

Well, it wasn't, per say, tonight that had me so jumpy. Actually Maddie, McKenzie and I were going shopping at the new boutique that opened up near our favorite brunch spot. They were hoping for a new day dress, but I had my eyes on a new bathing suit for Saturday.

Hmm, Saturday. My leg got jumpier thinking about it.

That was the unsaid answer to Graham's question. I truthfully had been bouncing up and down in anxiousness for tomorrow night. Blake hadn't texted me since Monday night, and his cryptic instructions were getting on my nerves because, ask anyone, I hated surprises. I hated not knowing because I was a planner.

I mean, bring a bathing suit? Did I just come in that, or do I wear clothes over it, or just a nice cover-up? Ugh. Boys! They didn't understand the thought processes of women who have four plans for every situation. Right now, I had zero. And it was pissing me off.

I looked over at Graham, who, applause for him, was still patiently waiting for my answer. I took my bottom lip in between my teeth and began to think thoughtfully. "I'm going shopping tonight," I said pointedly. "It's at that new boutique downtown."

Graham looked sick. "I've been slaving away cleaning up the lab because of your excitement to go shopping?" He glared. "Woman that is unforgivable!"

The bell rang.

I stood up and pecked his cheek. "Thank you, Graham." My lips moved to hover just above his ear. "My knight in shining lab coat."

His face reddened, wether in anger or lust, I couldn't tell. But i grabbed my things and walked off regardless. That was my last period of the day. Finally I could leave for some stress free shopping with my non-Graham best friends.

I spotted Seth chatting up Taylor at his locker. Curious, I walked over. Maddie and McKenzie could wait a couple minutes.

I socked Seth in the bicep in greeting. He groaned. "Good luck today," I said cheekily. I looked at Taylor. "Make sure he doesn't suck for me, will you?"

She laughed and nodded. "I'll give him some extra...motivation," she assured me.

Seth's face lit up. "I think that would be very helpful." He grabbed Taylor by the waist and pulled her in for a face sucking. I rolled my eyes. "Bye Seth. Again, good luck."