Chapter 11

I moaned. Ever since I had laid my eyes on it, I had wanted it. Now that I had it, I never wanted to let it go.

I looked up.

"Laura, this is outstanding."

Blake's personal chef smiled. "I'm glad you like it, Ms. Baker. Pastas were always a specialty of mine."

I shook my head. "I don't even wanna imagine what dessert is going to taste like."

Blake chuckled. "I think I've found a girl with a real appetite, Laura."

"Good," she snorted. "Last time one of your girls came over, she picked off all the toppings and ate lettuce. I was never more insulted in all of my life! She preferred leaves to my cooking?"

"A disgrace," I assured her. "You'll take good care of me, won't you, Laura?"

She laughed. "I will never let you starve," she reassured me. She looked over at Blake, sensing that her time socializing was up. "Is there anything else you need, Mr. Baron?"

Blake shook my head. "Don't come back with dessert for a while, or I'll never get a word out of her. She'll be too busy stuffing her face," he grinned.

I stuck my tongue out. "I think you have figured me out too fast," I said.

"Hmm, maybe. But tell me, have you figured me out?"

Laura took that as the time to leave.

I sat down my fork. Now that the eating period was over, it was time to actually talk and not take advantage of his chef's awesome cooking and bubbly personality. I looked at him and smiled. "You seem like you're used to being admired," I said matter of factly. "From both a family status and your success as a quarterback. But if someone doesn't like you, you don't really care, because you just assume they'll come around eventually."

He shrugged. "They always do."

I giggled. "And you seem like a guy who is never lonely. Girls have too many reasons to want you."

"Hmm, you want to name some for me?"

"And inflate your ego? You won't fit inside the yacht once I'm done and we already had to squeeze your head through the doorway."

"Hmm, is it the looks?" He said seriously and gestured to his body. "I workout just for the ladies."

"The ladies could use a little more work," I commented. "You probably could be in a bigger cup size than me."

His jaw dropped. "That was not what I meant."

"I know," I grinned mischievously. "But just getting you to react like that makes me feel accomplished."

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded.

"Well good."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure this conversation started with the intent of talking about me, but that must be another talent of yours. Somehow the conversations always turn to you."

"I can't help that," he defended.

"Mkay. Whatever. New topic, now. What colleges are you looking into?"

"If football doesn't work out?"

"Both."

He thought for a moment. "Currently I'm being recruited by some D2 schools, but they don't have the majors I'm interested in, so if not football, probably somewhere up in the northeast."

I cocked my head. "What majors are you interested in?" I asked curiously.

"Well my dad told me that when I graduate college I'm going to take over the company, so I'm looking into some different economics majors or ones for entrepreneurship."