Pringles and Poptarts

"Clio!"

I plummet to the ground screaming. Once I hit the ground the jet will land ontop of me if I'm still alive. Flipping myself in midair I gaze up at the jet. Bucky had shouted my name and is now dangling from what's left of the wing.

Tony, inside the iron man suit, grabs him and throws him into the jet. He can't see me. "Tony! Help! I'm down here!" I shout. He doesn't hear me and flies back inside. Damn! I try to use fire to create a bridge between me and the jet but no such luck.

I continue to fall and my back starts itching. Reaching my hand back it brushes against something soft. What? I pull on it and a feather comes off in my hand. A numb pain shoots up my back. Throwing both my arms back and feel wings. I have wings!

I try flapping them and float up a little. I keep flapping my wings and shoot higher each time. Keeping myself steady I fly into the ship and hit the wall. "Clio!" Bucky shouts. He grabs me as I land beside him. "Where's Steve and Nat?" I demand. "Piloting the ship, Tony's fixing the wing. Speaking of wings..." He trails off.

"I have no idea what happened," I mumble. The jet lurches to the side. Bucky and I tumble out of the jet. I start flying. I grab onto Bucky and pull him back into the ship. "You are strong!" he exclaims. We run into the cockpit and find Steve trying to steady the jet.

"Stop pressing random buttons," Steve complains. Natasha ignores him. "The wing is gone for good, there's water underneath us. Call Clint," Tony says over the intercom. The jet rocks and I feel a sinking feeling in my gut. "Uh oh," all four of us say in unison.

"Call Clint," I demand. I glance out the window and watch everything crumble to pieces. We're falling fast! "Clint, our jet lost a wing. Can you pick us up?" Natasha demands over the intercom. "Yeah, I'll get another jet," Clint responds.

The jet tips to the right and I slam into the window. We're falling faster! "Clio! Get out of here!" Bucky demands. "What?" I protest. "Now!" He firmly says. "I can lift one of you. Tony's suit can hold lift two people. Who wants to go with me?" I suggest.

"Nat will, she's lightest. Go!" Bucky responds. Natasha and I run over to the now horizontal opening in the jet. I grab Natasha and fly out of the jet. Glancing down I see Tony grab Steve. He swoops lower to grab Bucky but Hydra jets start firing at them. I watch Bucky fall back into our jet.

"Hey kid, drop me on one of the planes," Nat directs. I fly towards one and drop her on top of it. Swooping after the jet, I try to get closer to Bucky. "What are you doing! They're firing at you!" Bucky hollers. I ignore him and grab his arm. "Hold on," I grunt hauling him out.

I see Clint's quin-jet and fly towards it. Flying close to an open window I get Bucky beside it and he climbs in. I fly back to Natasha who is taking down the plane I dropped her on. "Nat, lets go!" I shout grabbing her leg. "Hey!" She shouts upside down.

I fly her to Clint's ship. "Put me down!" She demands. I gently drop her on the roof and land beside her. We climb through different windows and Bucky pulls me in. "Are you okay?" Bucky asks. I nod and he helps Steve into the ship.

Once everyone is seated Clint flies us back to the tower. "Nice pajamas," Clint teases. "Shut up," I retort.

*******************

I sit on my bed in my room once everything is cleared up. When we got home Tony told Nick Fury that Hydra is back, I went upstairs to change out of my pajamas. Staring at the tips of my wings my subconscious starts bothering me.

So...

I have wings!

You just noticed?