Responsibilities

"Steve!.."

Sam shouts as he starts firing. My reaction time is quicker than his and I block Sam with my wings. The gun man fires until his gun runs out. Bucky runs out and knocks him out before he can reload. I pull my wings down as Bucky demands, "Are you guys okay? What were you thinking? You idiots! I'm not impressed!"

Steve walks out and Bucky inspects my wings. "They seem to be bullet proof. Cool," Bucky mutters. "Pringles," Sam retorts. I laugh and watch as Steve restrains Bucky. "So, Hydra really wants me..." I trail off. "Yeah, let's pay and go," Steve directs.

We pay in self check out and sneak out to the car unnoticed. (We used the back door.) Steve drives us home and once he parks the car divides the bags evenly. "Divide and conquer!" He jokes. Bucky hits Sam with the dog food and they run inside. When we reach the kitchen Steve faces Tony.

"I don't like the dog!" He shouts. "So, Tony... are you mad?" Steve questions. "Yes I am! You know I hate that dog and what do you do? You leave me with it and take my car! I'm very mad!" He shouts. I laugh and Bucky helps me fill a bowl with dog food while Sam puts the rest of the groceries away.

Bruce struts into the kitchen handing Bucky his phone. Bucky presses play and we watch the video of Tony and Silence. "Security footage, he sat up there until you got back," Bruce informs. In the video Tony is sitting on his table screaming  as Silence barks. We all laugh. Tony glares at us and whacks Steve over the head.

"And next time, buy cereal!" Tony scolds. I laugh and walk to the elevator. "Where do you think you're going? We have to make dinner." Steve reminds. Bucky and I make a run for it. Once we are safely inside the elevator we plot our hiding spots.

"I can fit under the bathroom sink..." I suggest. "Sure, I'll hide in Nat's room. She'll cover me," he adds. The doors open and we split up. I open the counter doors and slide in with the soap containers. Shutting the doors behind me I can hear Steve walk out of the elevator. "Hey Bucky, Clio! This isn't funny! Get out here now!" He demands.

I hold my breath as he walks by the bathroom. His footsteps stop and he shouts, "Wanda! Can you check the washroom for Clio?" A second set of footsteps stops outside the door. Wanda enters and through the crack between the doors I see hear glance around and shout all clear.

Steve's footsteps leave but Wanda closes the bathroom door and crouches down in front of me. "I know you're in there," she says in a sing song voice. She helps me out and drags me to her room. I sit on her bed and watch her text Natasha. While she's texting I glance at her desk. There are pictures of her and some guy with silver ish  hair.

"Who's that?" I ask pointing to the picture. She glances at it and freezes up. Uh oh! "That's my brother, let's not talk about him," she mumbles. She changes the topic by telling me that Bucky has been found. "I'll distract them and you make a break for the elevator, got it?" She plots out loud.

I nod. Three, two, one... Run! I dart to the elevator and press the button. I turn back to see Natasha and Wanda pinning Steve to the floor. Bucky runs to me. The doors open and we run in. Once we get to the kitchen I notice a kid shooting webs from what seems to be his wrists. Bucky sighs and he turns around. Wait...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow humans, I have left another cliffhanger, as usual. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please leave a vote and/or comment! Have a lovely day!

- Aqua