Hobbits

Today was just like every other day. So quiet, nothing ever happens here, and I hate it. I seek adventure but my father, keeps me here within the borders of Rivendell. My father treats me as a new born child but let's my older sister do whatever she chooses!

I woke up this morning at early dawn, got dressed, put my dark brown hair into a bun and went down to the practice field. I brought my bow and silver arrows, my sword, which Aragorn gave to me when I was young, and my twin daggers.

I started my practice, shooting my arrows with perfect aim, swinging my sword with amazing precision, and slicing my twin daggers with marvelous power. Somewhere around mid- day I stopped to take a rest. I collected my arrows then sat in the shade of the tree. I pick up an apple and started to eat it.

"Erillin?" I heard a faint voice call me.

"I'm here" I shouted back in the direction of the voice before taking another bite out of my fruit.

"I've been looking all over for you! Where have you been?! You missed breakfast and lunch!" My sister Arwen scolded my as she approached.

"I've been here the whole time, Onoone (sister). I guess you didn't look EVERYWHERE" I smirked at her. She took in a slow, deep breath before continuing.

"What are you wearing?" She asked me.

"Clothes" I stated as I looked down at the casual attire of my clothing.

"They're easy to move in." I continued. She sat next to me and I handed her my apple.

"You shouldn't be dressed in such clothing. And your hair is a mess" she judged.

"So what? Am I suppose to look like a Lady all hours of the day?" I asked her sarcastically. Before she could speak, one of my father's guards came running towards us.

"Nîn Aranel (My Princesses), Lord Elrond demands your presences." He said as he bowed before us.

"Hannon Le" (Thank you) I nodded and he scurried back. I turned to Arwen who finished her last bite of the apple.

"Ooh 'Demands' sounds serious" I giggled at her. We walked towards the palace. When we arrived she stopped me.

"You are not going in there looking like that, Nessa Onoone (Little sister)." She dragged me into my chamber and picked out a gown for me to wear. She told one of the guards to tell our father that we would be down soon. Then she began brushed the leaves and grass from my hair.

"There, you look more presentable" She kissed my cheek and patted my head, making me frown.

"Can we go?" I ask annoyed. We walked down the hall, down the stairs and into our father's study.

"Nîn Seldes (My Daughters)" My father called us to him as he saw us coming. He did not look happy.

"Is everything alright, Father?" Arwen asked.

"No" He answered bitterly, an unreadable expression on his face

"What is it, Ada (Father)?" I asked nervously.

"We have guest coming, from far and wide. There is a gathering of the Leaders of Middle- Earth." He said as he paced back and forth.

"How is that bad?" I asked innocently.

"It is a gather about Sauron's Ring, it has awoken from it's slumber. It calls its Master." He stopped to look at us. I gasped at his words.

"This cannot be, Father. The Ring?" Arwen said gently. I nodded. Suddenly I felt something strange. An evil power of some sort. It was dark, deadly, and dangerously close to our boards.