Years Later (Epilogue)

"Boromir!! Haldir!! Theoden!!" It was so vivid, so clear. If I could reach out, I would touch them. Their 3 deaths playing out in front of me, one after the other. The bodies of my 3 friends that had died. I could have saved them. I was there to witness their passing. To many death of those we love.

"Erillin... Erillin, wake up!" Someone shook my shoulders slightly causing me to jerk upright. My head fell between my hands and my hair came astray across my face.

"You were screaming." Legolas sat up and placed his hand on my knee. It was dark but small streaks of the sun peaked over the mountain.

"I still dream of it too." He added. I looked up at him and searched for the truth in his eyes. "It was Boromir, Haldir and Theoden too. I was there but I did not do anything to save them." His face softened but he said nothing. He wrapped his arms around me and held me gently. He cooed me softly as he rocked me.

"No more of this. It was many years ago, Erillin. What was done is done. It is long over now. Forgive yourself, my love." He whispered to me.

"There is something about this day." I whispered back. He pulled back and placed his finger under my chin. He pulled my chin to him and brushed his lips on mine.

"Hannon le" I whispered as I closed my eyes to enjoy this moment.

"Amin mela lle" He said back. We pulled apart and stood from then bed. There was no point in going back to sleep now. We both got dressed for the day.

"Will you wake them?" He asked me. I nodded and made my way out of our room. By now the room was slowly filled with rays of sunlight to destroy the dark. It has been 30 years since the last battle of Minas Tirith, since the discovery of the last Ring, since the coronation of my brother, Aragorn. Middle- Earth was now at peace. Arwen moved into Gondor with Aragorn where they rule together. I, now live with Legolas in Mirkwood, which is still ruled by his father. I reached the first door and slowly crept in. I stood there and watched the sleeping boy for a moment and smiled to myself. His necklace caught the reflection of the dim sunlight, A'mael, Beloved. Made by my Grandmother, Galadrial. Given to me to give to him, my eldest child. He looked just like his father; he had long White hair and green eyes. He stood but a little shorter than Legolas. His personality was just the same as his father's though. Serious yet kind, quiet but a natural born leader. I walked up to his bed and kneeled next to it, I held one of his hands.

"Lysonath (Lies- o- Nath), It is time to awaken, son." I nudged him slightly. He opened his eyes and sat up.

"Good Morning, Mother." He stretched. I smiled and kissed him on the forehead.

"Get dressed." I told him and he nodded. I stood up and walked out his room. I walked a little farther down the hallway before I was faced with another room. I quietly opened the door and walked in. To my surprise, the beds were neatly fixed and the girls were dressed. They both lookup at me but none spoke.

"Aringale (Air- in- Gale), did you not sleep?" I asked my eldest daughter. She was sitting on her bed next to her younger sister. Both of them took after me. Porcelain skin and waist length hair that was the same brown colour as mine. Only Aringale had green eyes while Ta- Rayn (Ta- Rain) had my hazel one.

"I couldn't sleep, Mother. Aringale stayed up with me. I had a dream." Ta- Rayn told me. She hung her head low and played with her fingers. I gathered them into my arms.

"It's ok. Hush now. Tell me about your dream." I looked at them both.

"There were these ugly monsters. They were capturing and killing people. Then there was this tall ivory tower, with a fiery eye on the very top." She told me. I looked up at Aringale and she shook her head at me.

"She's having visions." She whispered. Aringale was young but wise though she was not a Witch. She was only a few years behind her brother. She knew what the dream meant, as did I. Ta- Rayn was like me, an Elf- Witch, and her powers were starting to come to her. I pulled away and reached out my hand for Ta- Rayn to take.

"It's fine, little one. Only dreams, nothing more. Come." I told her. Aringale followed behind us. Though, I couldn't hide the worried expression on my face. We made our way thought the marble home and out to the courtyard. There we saw Legolas and Lysonath practicing their archery. Lysonath shot the target right in the center. His father notched an arrow and fired at the target, splitting Lysonath's arrow in the process. Lysonath frowned slightly.

"More practice and you will be better than your father." I called to him. Lysonath looked at me and smiled. Aringale eagerly ran passed me and went for the target range. She picked up 2 knifes and threw it for the target, piercing the center. Something I never learned.

"Good Lysonath, Aringale, Good." We heard a voice from behind us. We turned and saw the King of Mirkwood.

"Lord Thranduil" I bowed slightly.

"Father" Legolas said as he nodded at him. "Enough with the practice. We should eat." He said to us. I smiled and nodded at him. I gathered the kids and we all made our way for the dining room, as a family.

"Mother, will I ever learn?" Ta- Rayn asked me. I looked down at her then to Legolas. His lips were pressed into a firm line. She wanted to learn the art of combat, though Legolas thought her too young.

"You will, Someday." I told her. She frowned slightly at my answer.

"Wear a smile, little one. It suits you better." Legolas teased her.

_______________________

"Ta- Rayn, why don't you tell Lord Thranduil about your dream." I told her when we finished our breakfast. Legolas looked at me with a weird look. I nodded towards the corner of the room.

"Excuse me." I said to no one particular. I stood, expecting Legolas to follow. I heard him move towards me.

"What is it, Erillin? What's wrong." He asked me he must have seen my nervous expression when he asked.

"I think... I think Ta- Rayn is and Elf- Witch. She saw the past in her dreams. She had visions." I looked back at Lord Thranduil who was listening to Ta- Rayn tell her story. He caught my eye and nodded at me. Was it confirmed?

"What is the problem about it? Sauron is forever defeated, she is not in danger." He said trying to reassure me. He placed his arm on my shoulder and lightly rubbed them. I looked down onto my fingers.

"She will never have to go through what you went through. It's over." He added as he lifted my chin to his level. I looked into his eyes and saw the truth behind them.

"Should we tell her? Is she too young to carry this burden?" He shrugged as he led my back to the table. Lord Thrundil stood and started to walk away. Before he left, he stopped, not turning around, and said

"Do you regret not knowing sooner? What will she think?" He said before continuing out the diner hall. I thought about his question, if my father had told me sooner, would I have acted different? Will she be different? This time WILL different; it's a safer life she will live if she knows. I could train her, help her master the powers the universe has bestowed upon us.

"Ta- Rayn, my love. You are special, like me, an Elf- Witch."

THE END

Thank you to everyone who stuck around to read this awkward story I started a few years ago. I'm so happy that so many people like this story! I'd love when you guys vote, comment, and all that jazz. I love you guys so much. And thank you

Happy Reads
-Erika