Spies

We walked on for hours and Finally, we rested on a hill with rocks.

"We continue this course, west of the misty mountains, for 40 days. If out luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there we turn east to Mordor." Gandalf said as we all rested. I watched as Boromir trained Merry and Pippin.

"Two, one, five, Good! Very Good." He congratulated them.

I wondered around and found Legolas staring into the distance. It looked like birds?

"What is that?" Sam asked.

"Its nothing. Just a wisp of Cloud." Gimli stated. As if he knew.

"Its moving fast" Boromir said staring at it. It was moving fast. And against the wind!

"Against the wind." I continued.

"Crebian from Dunland" Legolas and I said in unison.

"Hide! Take cover!" I shouted.

Legolas grabbed my wrist and hid me under a rock with him. The small space cause our bodies to be press against each other. I turned my head the other way for this closeness made me uncomfortable. My hands rested on his arms as I couldn't help bit take in his scent. He smelled like Pine and the Woods, somewhat comforting in this strange event.

After the birds flew by, we all came out of hiding.

"Spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched. We must take the pass of Caradhras" Gandalf said. Once we got out, Aragorn gave Legolas and I strange look. I followed his eyes trailed down our arms. I looked down and noticed we were still holding hands. We pulled apart and blushed.

"Awh, Erillin and Le-" Pippin started but I cut him off.

"Shut it!" I snapped at Pippin.

_______________________

We've been walking in the snow from the base of the mountain. Well should I say, They are walking though the snow. Legolas and I simply walk atop the snow.

I looked back to the others and Frodo must of slipped. He fell and rolled down the hill till Aragorn caught him. Frodo frantically searched his chest. Oh no, The Ring!

Boromir picked up the necklace by the chain.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small thing." I took one of my daggers out from my boot and readied it in my hand.

"Give the ring to Frodo!" Aragorn yell and placed his hand on the handle of his blade.

"Boromir! Give it to Frodo!" I yelled.

"As you wish. I care not." He said casually as he handed it back and then ruffled Frodo's hair. I placed the dagger back in my boot and Aragorn loosened his grip on the sword.

*Deeper within the mountain*

Legolas and I travel gracefully across the snow. While the other trudge through the snow carrying one hobbit each.

"There is a fell voice on the air." Legolas said. I listened carefully.

"I hear them too." I to Gandalf.

"It is Saruman." He said back. The mountain starts to rumble.

"He is trying to bring down the Mountain." I yelled.

"Gandalf, we must turn back!" Aragorn said. Gandalf tried to calm the mountain but the next thing I knew Snow caves over us. I was buried deep and I could get out! I started getting light headed from the lack of air.

"Where is she? Where is Erillin?!" I heard Aragorn say but I couldn't do anything. The blackness was starting to surround me. The last thing I remember, was being pulled out. But my eyes fluttered shut.