Prologue: "You Are the One"

I don't own the Star Wars universe and the characters designed by George Lucas. I'm just a huge fan of his works. I've made up a lot of characters and places though.

This is the first time I let anyone see this story.... Been writing for a while and I've finally gotten the courage to reveal it to the world!

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

-------------------------------------------------

PROLOGUE: "YOU ARE THE ONE"

"Fear is a path to the dark side."

 - The Jedi Code

Darth Vader.

With his name came fear, and with this fear came death. Vader knew this, and he used this to his advantage. He knew very well that his connection to the Dark Emperor Palpatine marked him as a bringer of death and despair, and, with cold indifference to human nature, he found a small amount of pleasure in this. Though he hated and feared the Emperor, he enjoyed being a symbol of the dark side, for in the dark side he found consolation from the past he had hidden from himself.

If Vader hated anything more than he hated the Emperor, it was the order of Jedi knights, for before he had turned to the dark side, he had been tainted with their light and their false teachings. There was nothing he wanted more than to see them completely obliterated from the galaxy.

It was for this purpose that he was now on the planet of Aetheria, wreaking havoc on its single small island by the name of Juroul. Imperial spies had located on this planet a secret sect of Jedi hiding from the Empire and multiplying under a cover of weapon merchants. Although Imperial forces had already arrived on the planet and were fighting the Jedi, they had strict orders not to completely destroy the Jedi, for Vader wanted to be there to personally execute the leaders of this foul uprising. His cold heart quickened at the thought of showing these rebels the true strength of the dark side.

On the enemy lines, desperately trying to gain back some ground, a tall Jedi knight shouted orders to his followers. His shoulder-length brown hair dripped with sweat, a dark bruise showed on his left cheekbone, and his cloak was caked with fine dust. In his right hand he wielded a glowing yellow lightsaber. A blaster hung from his dark leather belt. Beside him, a young girl held steady an grenade launcher and fired it off at regular intervals. Sweat poured down her own face, but her eyes showed no fear as she fought alongside her Jedi master.

Darth Vader, flanked by six stormtroopers, stepped forward menacingly. His glassy eyes roved the ruined village and the burning huts for signs of his enemies. The Jedi, his young Padawan, and his followers crouched behind their sandbags. Vader seemed to know they were there, and he strode towards their trenches with bared lightsaber in hand. The tall Jedi sucked in his breath as he recognized the dark lord. He knew immediately that his soldiers, courageous as they were, could not stand up to the fearful prowess of the approaching opponent.

"Master, let me do this," came a calm whisper from the Jedi's side. He turned his head, meeting gazes with his apprentice. Her eyes burned with an eager fire and it pained him to think that her fiery will to succeed would be snuffed out so soon by the Sith lord who approached with arrogant confidence. The apprentice's wrapped hands gripped the triggers of the grenade launcher.

"He is powerful in the Force." The Jedi smiled grimly. "Your grenades will do nothing against him."

"Trust me, Master."