5

Tobias had gotten better over the next few weeks, him and Draco were now back into a stable relationship. Tobias was on another of his late night trips to see Myrtle, he was probably the closest to her than anyone in her life so far. He slipped into the lavatory, she sat waiting for him by the sink as she usually was. They smiled at each other and Tobias sat in usual place, his back against her stall door. A side on view to her, she supported him in everything he has done. So, he repaid her with friendship. Even if she didn't, he most likely would have bothered her without permission. It was just who he was.

'Hey Myr, how have you been? Any students been mean.' Tobias had taken the role of protecting and standing up for her.
'No Toby, they have been nicer since you've been my friend.'
'I'll always be your friend Myr, you are ten times better than anyone here.' Tobias was beaming towards the girl.
'I would like that, although one boy, a Gryffindor...he said I didn't deserve you as a friend.' Myrtle said, she had spoken softly now.
'I'll deal with him, know his name?' Tobias wasn't having anyone put Myrtle down, not after everything she has been through.
'Stephen Towen, he has-
'-I know who he is.' Tobias had met him, he was a sixth year. Tobias was going to punch him.

They sat around longer, Tobias taught Myrtle new games that have came around in the Wizarding World. As well as Muggle games, he told her all about introducing Draco to Monopoly, then how they proceeded to get yelled at by Professor Snape. She laughed instead of cried, he smiled instead of frowned. They had one of the strongest bonds in Hogwarts, Tobias was sure of it. Soon this all came to an end, Tobias had to leave because of classes tomorrow. He bid her a goodbye and went to his dorm and went to sleep. One of his first without either, Snape, Draco or another in his room. He woke up mid breakfast and had to change quickly, when he entered the great hall he spotted Stephen.

He marched over and the sixth year smirked up, because he was late everyone was watching him. Stephen stood, he was far taller than Tobias. Not that this stopped the smaller boy from standing up for his friend.

"You seem tired, back from a late night float with Myrtle."His group of friends snickered, nobody else in the hall laughed. They knew Tobias.
'Yes actually, I think you should try dead people seeing no girl would ever want to be seen alive with you.' Tobias shot back, now everyone in the hall laughed.
'Why would anyone want to friends with you? Or that freak is a question.'
'Why would anyone want to keep such a disrespectful cunt as a son is the one on my mind?But hey, here you are.' Tobias gave a exaggerated smile and scrunched his nose and shoulders up.
'That's it.' Stephen lunged at Tobias for his quick witted comments and so naturally Tobias moved.

Severus came over to break it up, so before Stephen was free Tobias landed one punch to his jawbone and settled that was enough.