Loopy Lavender

This chapter is for @slytherin_PrincesSnm, who wanted me to update. Here it is, in two days, as promised. You may find that the title and the description of this story has changed. I decided it was more of a comedy than a romance (sorry to those Dramione shippers!) However, you will still see plenty of Draco and Hermione, and you never know, light-years in the future, there may be a kiss somewhere along the line.

*****

Hermione wanted to get away from Lavender, desperately. But for some annoying reason, most likely pertaining to a Slytherin currently residing in the Hospital Wing, the Confundus Charm was not wearing off. And Parvati had noticed. She may not be her wise, Ravenclaw sister, but she still had some existing brains, however hard this may be for Hermione to accept.

"Hermione!" The Gryffindor twin hissed, grabbing her arm and pulling her away from her intended destination, Charms.

"Parvati!" Hermione replied, equally violently.

"What's wrong with Lavender?" The girl demanded.

"I think she's lost a few brain cells," Hermione answered honestly. "It was quite hard to confound her and now she's gone a bit too far round the bend."

"She's going loopy?" Parvati whispered, shocked. Hermione didn't know why she was so surprised. Lavender was currently wandering down the corridor, singing at the top of her voice and sporting a Hufflepuff banner.

"Well, yes," Hermione admitted. "But I'll fix her, don't worry," she added, and then blanched at her own words. "I'll sort her out," she finished kindly. "After I've consorted with my extremely sadistic Slytherin ally," she muttered under her breath as Parvati rushed off to rescue Lavender from the snatches of many welcoming Hufflepuffs, particularly boys. Hermione was pleased to see her friend being sensible for once.

*

"Draco Malfoy!" Hermione called, sounding identical Professor McGonagall when angry. Draco, sensing rather than seeing the Gryffindor's fury, burrowed deep down beneath the covers.

"Hmm," came a muffled reply.

"You are in dire need of someone to come and save your sorry soul as you will, most certainly, not be sane by the time I've finished with you." Then Hermione smiled evilly, as Draco's tousled hair emerged from beneath the duvet.

"Really?" Draco drawled, hoping to pretend Granger's words hadn't intimidated him. He wasn't intimidated, of course not; he was a Malfoy, a Slytherin. He would defy adversity... and curly-haired Mudbloods.

"You wouldn't happen to know why Lav-Lav Brown has started singing down corridors, would you?"

"Erm," Draco blushed and squirmed, hoping Hermione hadn't noticed. "Is she?"

"Yes."

"Then, um, I suspect you overdid the Confundus Charm."

"Overdid, my foot!"

"Please, Granger, don't make me imagine your foot," Draco cried, disgusted.

"Then reverse whatever dark spell you've put on her!"

There was a pause. Hermione coughed, embarrassed. Draco's face was stony.

"Erm, that's not what I meant. It kind of... jumped out." She waited for his reaction.

"I can tell." His tone was icy. "So you assume, like all the other jumped-up Gryffindors, that we Slytherins are always using dark spells? I think you should speak to Professor Snape."

The conversation had taken an unexpected turn. Hermione blinked.

"And why's that?"

"He can tell you things which will immediately change your petty ideals. You will no longer be proud to be part of the red and gold house. Now, leave me be. If you want to raise yourself higher than a Mudblood, speak to Severus. If not, leave now and never return."

Hermione felt tears prick at her eyes.

"So that's what you really think?" She demanded. "You know what, I will speak to Professor Snape." Malfoy seemed satisfied. "And tell him what a narcissistic bastard his godson really is."