Troublesome Twins

Hermione and Draco had been with Ginny and Harry when the twins arrived. They'd been relaxing in the library with the couples facing each other on opposite sides, as Harry still wasn't entirely comfortable with Draco.

"How's our favourite... four?" Came a voice. Fred and George emerged from behind the bookshelves.

"Someone tell us what's going on," Fred said calmly, eyeing Draco suspiciously.

"Well, so..." Draco began.

"Someone's who's not the blonde ferret," the two interrupted simultaneously.

Draco scowled, but sat back as Ginny took the lead.

"Well, brothers' mine, Ron is being a twerp. Lavender broke up with him because he was 'spending too much time with Hermione'," she explained.

"Lavender Brown?" George asked disgustedly.

"The very same," replied Hermione.

"Anyway," said Ginny, continuing, "you know what happened in Hogsmeade."

"Yes," George stated slowly. "Ron called Hermione his girlfriend and so she cursed him."

"You were in the right, don't worry," Fred told the apprehensive girl.

"Ronnikins has always been a sore loser_"

"_But now he's gone too far_"

"_So we Obliviated him and Zacharias Smith," finished Ginny.

The twins wore similarly confused faces.

"Wow," they said together. "You crossed the boundary."

"Mum and Dad know," Ginny commented. "About the Obliviating, I mean, but not that I did it. They think it's somebody dark."

"Well, you didn't do it," Hermione corrected Ginny. "Draco did_"

"_And he is dark," Harry pointed out. Draco growled lowly.

"Oh well," one of the twins flapped a hand. "It's over. I think we can disown him now. So, onto more exciting news_"

"_Have you heard about Dumbledore and McGonagall's betting pool?" Questioned the other.

"No," said Ginny curiously.

"Well, they were betting on who would get together first, you and Harry_" George started.

"_Or Hermione and M_Draco," Fred stammered.

"Nosy bastards," Draco muttered under his breath.

"How did they know?" Harry asked.

"Espionage," Fred said, tapping the side of his nose.

"Or simple body language," George said to his twin as they walked away laughing.

"I wonder why they're even here," Ginny mused. "Hermione, do you know?"

Hermione, who had been slowly sinking into a daydream, straightened up.

"I expect it's to do with Ron," she shrugged, a strange look on her face.

Draco nudged her.

"What's up?" He questioned.

"I was thinking... thinking that people like Fred and George could help us win the war..."

She met the gazes of three dumbfounded individuals. She lowered her head, and muttered to the table.

"Just a thought."

*****

A.N. Minnie and Albus' betting pool makes an appearance. Claim your idea, humble reader!

Fred and George are making more than just a debut in this, don't worry. They'll be back for the next chapter, the one after that, and maybe the one after that. XD

Thank you for reading and PLEASE COMMENT!