Party and Kisses

The match was over extraordinarily quickly. Ravenclaw won by a lead of 170-60 and afterwards, Hermione told The Avengers of their plan. In the end, Harry headed off to cheer up Hufflepuff with Ginny, Blaise, Padma, Lavender, and Parvati, and Draco and Hermione went to congratulate Ravenclaw with the remaining Slytherins.

"Isn't it exciting?" Exclaimed Hermione to Draco over the partying noise, Butterbeer in hand from Luna. Godric-knew how she'd got it. "Look at all the books!"

Draco smiled at her exhilaration.

"I know," he yelled over the music from the nearby wizarding wireless. "And the temperature is actually decent!"

"I'm more surprised they let us in, to be honest," Hermione said, looking around. "Sorry to be rude, but Slytherins? You aren't welcome in many places."

"I'm not too shocked," Draco replied. "We've always got on well with Ravenclaws. Maybe because they're actually smart, compared with you red and yellows."

"Hey!" Hermione smacked him lightly on the arm. Draco grinned.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Luna asked, drifting over. "Very peaceful..."

"Extremely," Hermione agreed. She'd got on better with the loopy girl since the ministry fiasco. Actually, thinking of that... "Luna, would you like to join The Avengers?"

The Ravenclaw beamed.

"I've love to! It'll be like having friends."

And with that disconcerting sentence, she moved on again, to browse the bookshelves.

"Lovegood's an interesting character," Draco commented, staring fixatedly at the pale blonde hair.

"Hey, boyfriend."

That got Draco's attention. Hermione smiled shyly, and Draco suddenly noticed how pretty and disarming those melting chocolate eyes were.

"Hey, girlfriend," he whispered. He put his head closer to hers, and leaned in.

Their lips met like worlds colliding. The music faded into the hum of an irksome fly, and chatter became static in an otherwise perfect environment. Draco was aware only of Hermione, and she only of him. Their kiss was sweet and tender, and broken far too soon.

"I wasn't surprised to find that you were a brilliant kisser, back in that corridor after the 'Ron incident'," Hermione stated. Her cheeks were red and her eyes bright.

"Neither was I, you," Draco said. His hair was slightly dishevelled, and his eyes sparkled with desire.

"I hadn't kissed anybody before you," whispered the Gryffindor timidly.

Draco was amazed.

"Aren't I the lucky one?"

*****

A.N. And with that rhetorical question, another short, decidedly dodgy chapter is over! I'd like to say now that I need any suggestions and assistance I can get and I know for a fact that at least 10 of you read this so surely somebody has the time to help out and write a sneaky comment? It would mean the world, really.

Thank you so much for reading, as usual, and as is my mantra: PLEASE COMMENT!