A new world

Hanzos P.O.V.

It was happening. My brother and I were moving and it was my fault. Why? I'm gay, and my father despised me for it. So now, we're moving to America, from our peacful home in Hanamura. I was absolutely agaisnt it, however, I had no say. I was the family disgrace. My younger brother Genji became the favorite to not only my father, but our whole family and our neighbors. They completely disregarded and ignored the first born of the Shimada Clan. And of course I wasn't given the right to takeover the Shimada' s property, that was Genji's. Yet he wanted no part in it. He was selfish and immature, never wanting to listen to our father. Yet he was favored over me. I was extremely disliked by Genji, and he swore he'd kill me if I ruined him. I wasn't allowed to call him sparrow anymore.

Our father planned to send us with one of my deceased mother's good friends who I knew from when mother was still alive. According to our kaigo-sha, he was sending us away so we could both "get our act together". I didn't understand what I had done wrong. I never disobeyed my father and did my best to please him, never stepping out of line and never asking for anything I knew I didn't deserve, but he wouldn't see past my problem. I was broken to him, and it was thanks to Genji. He never kept his mouth shut, like a tattletail that never stopped blabbing. It was 2 years ago when I had confessed my feelings to my greatest friend, Hisashi. He was dear to me and I knew well he couldn't return my feelings. He was understanding and comforted me once I had leanered Genji had eavesdropped on us, telling my father how dishonorable I was. My father named me a disgrace and a coward, speaking of me desiring other men's strengths and power for I lacked them. My Oba was the one who convinced my father not to shun me completely and let me stay so I could receive "help". It never worked, only made my feelings appear clearer than ever. I didn't like just any man. I was in love with Hisashi, despite his lack for romantic feelings to return. Even though he couldn't return them, we remain close till this very day. And I'm happy for that. I know that I will always stay true to him, even if the pain kills me. I would only ever love Hisashi.

Time skip

After a week of preparing, the day came for my brother and I to fly to America and settle in our new home. Our Oba saw us off at the airport, for my father didn't want to see us, or rather me. As we borded the plane, I watched my Oba wave and tear up as the plane roared with life. I sniffles softly, realizing my feelings had over flown without my permission. My Oba was the only person who still cared for me as a close family member, and never hated me for who I was. I always thanked her for that.

As the plane took off, I silently let my tears over come me. I was truly alone in this new world we would come to call home. Genji was fast asleep next to me, looking as the innocent child he once was. I smiled to myself , which was rare, as he leaned against my shoulder. I kissed his forehead lightly, not to wake him up. "I will always protect you Genji, no matter what you may think of me" I whispered softly. Although he's caused my grief, I could never hate my brother. He was too dear to me. The thought of losing him hurt more than my rejection from Hisashi. Genji snuggles closer to me and mumbled sweet nothing's. I chuckled quietly as two women across from us cringed at me. I bit my lip, turning my head to look out the window. He's just my brother.

After a long 14 hours of flight, our plane landed in the busy airport of LAX in the state of California. I looked down towards Genji and sighed. "Wake up little sparrow, we're here" I whispered softly as to not startle him. I stroked his hair as he yawned and looked up. He smiles for only a second before his eyes snapped wide, smacking my hand away. "Dont touch me fag" he spat in our native tongue. I winced at the harsh words, which I knew weren't new. This has happened too often, though I never blamed him. It wasnt his fault I was the way I was.

As we left the plane to get our luggage, a tall woman dressed in white, waved in our directions. She cupped her hands around her mouth as she yelled our names. "Shimada Hanzo, Shimada Genji! Over here!" She called, obviously being polite about our names. Her accent was European, which I knew she was Swiss from my mother's words. She was thin, yet filled out in the most daring of places. Her blonde hair looked almost white under the lights of the building. "Angela" I whispered softly, waving as we approached her. "It is so lovely to see you grown up Hanzo, you look so mature and handsome now" she spoke softly, giving an ironic touch to her name. "I've missed you very much. This is Genji, my brother" I say softly as I touched his shoulder. I wasn't surprised when he pulled away. I watched his gaze carefulling, knowing just what he was thinking. "Yeah, I'm Genji, whats you're name pretty lady" he said smirking. "You flatter me. I'm Angela, I knew you when you were in your mother's belly. I'm much to old for you dear" she spoke as she laughed. I smiled to her again. She was too kind, I missed her dearly. She knew about me too, yet she did not act any different.

We began to journey to her nice home only a few miles from the heart of Los Angeles. The car ride was mostly silent, save for many remarks Genji had. But one was much different than the rest "You know my brothers a faggot right? He loves boys. Isn't that gross" he chuckled reaching from the back seat to click on the radio. I felt my face grow cold and pale as I looked down, fidgeting. She probably won't think of me the same. The car seemed to slow down after Angela clicked the radio back off. "You think your brother is gross?" She questioned him, staring in his eyes through the rear view mirror. He snorted and nodded. "Yeah, don't you?" He replied without hesitation. She glanced my direction, looking thoughtful. "Yes, I find it very gross that Hanzo has a brother of your nature" she replied, holding my hand and giving me a gentle smile following a wink. "I believe love is a beautiful thing, no matter the form." After her shut down on Genji's nasty words, the car ride truly was silent until we reached her large, mansion-like home. I noticed another car already parked in the long driveway which arched across the yard. The yard was lovely and green filled with large trees that casted a nice amount of shade over the grass. I wouldn't mind spending my free time meditating out here. I was in awe at the beautiful view. I would never have thought Angela would move to a place like this.

Once She parked, we began to unload the car, walking towards the lovely house. She pulled her keys from her bag and as she unlocked the door, I caught a glimpse of a woman's picture I hadn't recognized. Curious. As she walked in, my brother and I had our jaws dangling to the floor in awe. "This is absolutely magnificent Angela! This place is so lovely" I said slowly, taking in every detail that lined the walls of this house. She laughed softly and set aside her bag. As she did so, a taller woman appeared from what i assumed was the kitchen. Her hair was dark, cut above her shoulders and a familiar symbol was tattooed under her right eye. She wore a blue tank top shirt with black and gold leggings which made her bed toned legs very noticeable. She was very buff but not so much to where she looking too masculine. She smiled towards us as she wrapped her arm around Angela's waist. "Morning love" she directed to her. She pecked her lips before focusing on us.

"Boys, this is my wife, Farheeha. We've been meaning to buy a house together, and with you in mind, we got this. And I'm happy to announce you'll be starting school tomorrow!" She clapped her hands excitedly. I blushed as I nodded. How beautiful. They look so happy and in love. I only dream of that with Hisashi. I glanced at Genji, his mouth was still hanging. Oh brother, I'm not sure what he's thinking now. On second thought...i do.

"You ok there Genji? Never seen two women before?" Farheeha spoke with an amused look. His face grew red as he looked away quickly. "How does that even work? None of you have....." He cut off as he turned tomato red. "A penis? I mean, I don't need a penis to make her scre-" Fareeha was cut off as Angela squeaked, covering her mouth. Farheeha laughed as she nuzzled her wife's hair. "Love you to sweetheart." She said with sincerity behind her giggle. My heart thronged as I watched their romance show it's colors. They were truly a beautiful pair. It only made me miss Hisashi that much more.

As we cleared through our awkward meeting, Farheeha showed me to my room as Angela showed Genji to his. "Hey Hanzo, I know it was tough for you in Japan, but I want you to know something. People here in America are very different. You can love who ever you please, and you won't be ridiculed. Well, far less than where you're from." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Well no matter what happens, Angela and I will be here to protect you and Genji. Especially you from your father you know? I know he's not the best person" I smiled as I hugged her. "Thank you very much. You are both lovely people. But I'd rather your focus be towards Genji. I'd protect him with my life. I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to him" I speak slowly, making sure my words were clear despite my tearing eyes.

These people were so kind. I couldn't completely normalize the fact they cared so deeply about people they knew so little of. It was overwhelming. She stood, puzzled at my statement. "Alright kiddo. Get some rest for now. The time is very different as you can see." She said quietly. "Thank you Fareeha" I call before she closed the door. She nodded and just like that she was gone. I sighed as I began to unpack, feeling not as tired as I'd like, which meant my sleeping schedule would be a little messy for now. But at least I get to meet new people tomorrow. I hope I can fit in.

Please tell me how I did! This is only my second story so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks for reading!