Caring

Hanzo's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of a tray being set down next to my bed. I struggled to open my eyes and saw Angela holding a cup of something. "Hey sweetie. How are you feeling?" She spoke gently, stroking my forehead. My cheeks grew warm as I slowly sat up. "I-I feel okay" I say with exhaustion in my voice. "What happened?"

My head ached as I touched it, shutting my eyes as Angela rubbed my back. I felt the bed sink down a little, which I noticed she sat next to me. "You have a slight fever sweetie, Mr. McCree was cleaning you up when you fainted." She spoke slowly, making sure I understood her words.

Huh? I don't remember- oh my gosh. My face flushed bright red as I remembered what had happened at the ice cream parlor. I touched my cheek as my face grew hot just thinking about it. What was I thinking!? Why did I say something so shameful!? He must think I'm desperate. But....he said he loved me too....

I looked up at Angela, noticing she was smirking at me. "Whatcha thinking about sweetheart?" She asked in an amusing tone. I bit my lip as I looked in the opposite direction, and crossed my legs. "Jesse just said....he loved me...i just remembered" I whispered. She squieked which made me jump. "Oh my goodness Hanzo! That is perfect! You both love each other dearly. Just don't do anything scandalous honey, not when I'm around at least. Oh. And don't forget protection, that is very important" she rambled on.

Once I caught on to what she was refering to, I gasped, while my face grew tomato red. "A-Angela! Stop! I would never......oh my gosh!" I couldn't speak correctly as I grew incredibly embarrassed. She only laughed as she hugged me. "Aw sweety, I'm only messing around. But seriously. If you do end up in that situation, don't forget what I said. For your own good." I shook my head as I covered my face.

I never thought about that. Would I be able to please him? I have no experience, I wouldn't know what to do... oh goodness, she rubbed off on me. We both heard a knock on the door, making us look towards it. "Come in!" Angela called. I was surprised to see Genji opening the door, looking a bit sleep deprived. "Hey, is he ok." He spoke quieter than normal. Angela only shrugged as she let go of me "Oh gosh honey, I'm not sure, maybe you should ask him." She smiled sweetly as she stood up to leave, patting Genji's back as she left.

He stood there shocked a bit as she closed the door behind her, which left us alone in silence. I adjusted myself on my bed without looking away from him. "A-are you okay Genji? I hope she wasn't too harsh on you." I said with worry thick in my voice. He only snickered as he looked away. He seemed puzzled, struggling to find the words to respond. He parted his lips slightly, as if about to speak.

"I just don't understand how you can be so nice. Everything that father and I put you through, yet you can care so deeply for us. For me. Why? I'm such a dick to you" he said finally looking straight at me. I only looked down and played with the fabric of the blanket in my hand. Why? It would seem to be a hard question to anwser but it's not. It's rather simple.

"Genji. Ever since you were born, I swore I'd protect you till the day I died. I loved you more than father ever did. And I cared for you more than any maid. You are my brother. I love you because you were the only family that smiled at me, hugged me and laughed with me. You're my only family I have left." I said slowly. I smiled to my self as I looked in my lap, recalling the past. It was not to long ago either, he used to be attached to me.

I smiled once again as I looked at him. "You were my little sparrow" I said softly. I rubbed my aching head as I the headache came back. He stood next to me and put a cool rag on my forehead. "Just....rest for now. Seems like Angela brought you food....dotn forget to eat" he spoke nervously as he quickly laid me back, covering me with my blanket. "I'm just gonna....go get your work from school" he said quickly before leaving. I only sighed as I shut my eyes once again, not to long after, falling asleep.

Le time a skip

I slept for another 8 hours before I heard another noise, which quickly woke me up. As I sat up rubbing my eyes, my bedroom door slowly opened. It was Genji, and behind him followed Jack and Gabriel, catching me by surprise. "He kid, how you holding up?" Gabriel spoke first as Jack nervously stood next to him.

I slightly blush as I rubbed my head. "I'm b-better, I suppose. I still have a slight headache. I hope I didn't worry any of you" I asked nervously. Jake shook his head and stepped forward to take my hand. "I was worried Hanzo, but I'm glad you're ok. I just didn't know what to think about what happened." He said with panic in his voice. My face grew red once again as I looked at Gabriel and Genji in surprise. They told him!?

Gabriel chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Genji's shoulder "Don't worry kid, it's just between us. And plus, Jack wouldn't shut it if I didn't tell him what happened with you." Gabriel explained in an amused manner. "Yeah, I told Gabe you were sick, he seemed worried too" Genji chimed in

These people...care about me? This much? I teared up a bit as Jack hugged me. "Aw, don't cry Hanzo. We're your friends, we care" Jack said. "Yeah, you're not so bad kid. I'm sorry about before. And for Moira. She can be a bitch. But you don't gotta worry about her" he said smirking.

I smiled as I hugged Jack in return, feeling my heart race. I've never had this many people care for me before. I felt overwhelmed, but really happy at the same time. I wonder what got to Genji. This new found attitude towards me is throwing me off kilter. But I can't help but feel like it's not true. Someone doesn't change that fast.... do they?

I shook my head at the thought as Genji handed me a small stack of paper. "Its the work you missed today. McCree said he'd come by later to give you more lessons on your writing." Genji set the papers on the bedside table next to me. I nodded as I blushed slightly. He's coming over... to our home....to give me lessons.....alone... gosh this is embarrassing. Or at least my own thoughts are making me embarrassed. oh gosh.

As soon as everyone said their goodbyes, i was soon left alone again in my bedroom. it seemed to be completely quiet throughout the house, to which I glanced at the clock hanging over my desk table. It was already 6 o'clock, which meant Angela was preparing dinner. or I least that is when she usually does. I don't think I've hear the house this quiet before. Is anyone even home?

I slowly climbed out of my bed, still feeling the remains of a small headache lingering. my feet felt a bit cold when they touched the wood floors, which gave me shivers. I slowly opened my door and went down the hall without a single noise, I'm rather good at that. As I made my way down the long stairs, I began to hear a distant tapping from the kitchen. Angela? no... She would normally be listening to music right? As i turned the corner tom peer into the kitchen, a large crash made me freeze in my tracks and flinch.