Together Again

Nao Sakura

Your exhaustion overtook your form as you fall into a deep slumber after everything that had happened.

You felt a gentle caress on your cheek that caused you to wake up.

"Good evening, Y/N."  Nao whispered before kissing your forehead.

"You need to eat." Nao gestured to the food he prepared.

You smile at his thoughtfulness but it soon disappeared when you felt the cold metal surrounding your wrists and ankle that restrained your movement.

You gulped and nervously turn your gaze at your boyfriend.

"N-Nao, W-What's this?" You asked as the sound of chains jingling joined your voice.

"It's to protect you, Y/N. I won't let anyone near you again. I won't let that happen, ever again." Nao explained busying himself with your food like nothing's wrong.

You began to tremble as you remembered your earlier predicament.

The dead bodies, Maki and the gun. You hate to think that Nao is the one who killed those men but the blood, the gun and Maki's death is enough evidence that Nao is capable.

"Nao, did you k-kill those m-men?"

"Yes."

You bitterly laugh at yourself before saying "I don't want to see you right now."

Nao tenses but obliged your request. He understands you but he did this for you. He don't want to risk your safety. Once is enough.

"This is what's best for you, my queen." He said before closing the door.

You stared at the chains that are connected to the walls.

Soon sobs escaped your lips as realization dawned on you.

A monster

I'm dating a monster, I've been in love with a monster. All I wanted is someone, someone who would save in my lonesome life not someone who would trap me in this fallacy.

Makoto Ritsu

Days had passed and your life returned to normal. If having Makoto anywhere and anytime is normal.

Or if being locked in a house is normal.

"Y/N, where the f*ck are you?!" You heard Makoto's voice rang throughout the house.

You were going to answer him but his strong arms snaking your waist stopped you.

You're cheeks redden at his action. He would always hug you but you will never grow out of blushing for him.

"H-Hello, Ma-chan." You answered, smiling.

"The only good thing that b*st*rd did is curing your stuttering." Makoto glared at nothing.

"Though I miss your stutters. It's cute." Your boyfriend mumbled.

"Yeah, I should thank Haru-sensei." You said not hearing his mumbles.

Makoto's face darkened while his hold on you tightens and starts to hurt.

"Don't ever mention that f*cking name. You're mine Y/N, only mine! If I need to impale you to stay with me, I'll gladly do that sh*t!"

You gently reached out to pat his head despite your now aching waist. You continued stroking his head until his anger simmered and his hold on you loosen.

"Ma-chan, I need to cook our food." You finally said after a few minutes silence.

"No, I want to stay like this a little more."

You nodded as you felt your face heat up again.

You want all of Makoto's attention and all but a small part of you is still fighting. Fighting to return to your past life.

If I stay here, I'll be like Makoto.
If I leave, I can be normal again.

Is he worth it?

Ai Tachibana

Ai successfully brought you and his filthy luggage back home despite the slow deterioration of his eye sight.

He only have fourteen minutes left before his world darken completely.

He would use those time to watch his mermaid. Before he go blind he want you to be the last person he would see, the girl he loves and the most important person in his life.

A single tear slipped from his eyes as his time was finally up.

The neko don't have any regret that he lost his sight, he saved you and that's enough for him.

Ai stood up and proceeded to the kitchen to get you something to eat but a wall blocked his way, a chair tripped him and a table bumped his toe.

Thanks to his blind eyes.

Ai spent the next hours memorizing every corner of the house and heightening his other senses. His balance and hearing is great but he will hone it.

You woke up at the sound of metals clanking.

Seeing the familiar room you're in and the air surrounding you instead of the cold water, your mind quickly processed you're back with Ai.

You followed the sound that led to the kitchen and saw Ai setting the plate with foods and the fallen utensils on his feet.

"Good morning, Y/N! Nya~" Ai cheerfully greeted but his gaze is on the plate he's holding.

You nodded and proceeded to eat.

"Why are you not picking those?" You pointed at the forks and the spoons that are scattered on the floor.

"I'll do it later, nya!" He replied with a huge smile before walking to you.

You noticed the change in his walk, he's sliding his feet and not without his usual bounce. His eyes are directed on the floor which is really not in his character.

You know Ai is not those shy type guy, he's rather proud of himself.

Something's wrong.

"Ai, what's this?" You said with a disgusted tone and raised your spoon.

"What? You don't like that food, nya?" He replied, his tail slackens but his ears remain alert.

You glanced at the empty spoon you raised.

Something's up. Don't tell me he didn't saw this?

You threw the spoon to Ai but he dodged it. That's not what you have in mind though, you know a neko's capability and dodging a spoon is fairly easy even with them blindfolded.

You silently adjusted your position in front of him while he was distracted by the spoon. You then threw your fork to his side that caused a loud clang to resonate.

"What are you doing, Y/N?!" Ai shouted as he turned his attention to the sound where he thought you are standing.

"You're blind." Your silent voice came in front of him and Ai knew that his secret is out.

"What happened, Ai?" You questioned looking at his green cat eyes that doesn't focus on yours.

"I traded it for a potion."

Witch. It's why he got to me underwater.

Wait, isn't this the best time to escape?