Chapter 8.

My eyes connected with a pair of hazel-colored eyes. Blonde hair falling on his forehead with a sharp chiseled jaw and muscles beneath the blue indigo-colored suit.

"What is going on here?" That unfamiliar man once again repeated his question. He looked quite well built and handsome but not as handsome as Norman.

Wait. Why am I even comparing him to Norman? Wait did I just called him Norman instead of Mr. Blackford? Well, it's not a problem because I called him by his name in my mind and not out loud. Well coming back to the situation.

For a few minutes, none of us opened our mouths. My mind was still composing a complete explanation and by the time I was ready with my speech someone already beat me to it.

"Let me tell you what happened here." the receptionist said to that unknown man, giving him a seductive look all the while pushing her chest to his face. I mean literally to his face. She then turned to me and gave me a wicked grin.

"You see Daniel, this mutt over here, is here to Mr. Blackford. She just simply doesn't understand that Mr. Blackford isn't interested in little girls. He always chooses well-experienced women to keep his bed warm." she said all the while giving me a malicious look.

The 'Daniel' guy gave her a disapproving look and then turned to face me. At first, he gave me a questioning look and then a look of realization crossed his face. "Are you Miss Melissa Davis?" he asked me and I simply nodded my head in response.

"Come with me." he motioned me to follow him. I slowly walked behind him but then he suddenly stopped and whirled around to face the 'fake' receptionist. Yeah, that's what I'm going to call her from now on.

"And Lena, please try to be polite to our visitors from now on. You definitely don't wanna face Mr. Blackford's wrath, now do you?" he said with a rough voice and accent. British.... maybe.

"Yes, sir." she squeaked out with a scared voice.

He then turned towards me and gave me a mind-blowing smile and gestured me to walk. He led us to an elevator and pressed the button. We waited for a few seconds for the elevator to arrive. The doors opened and 'Daniel' gestured me to follow him. He walked in after me and the elevator doors closed behind us. He then pressed the 60th-floor button. He then turned towards me and gave me small smile and said "I am Daniel Thomas, I'm Mr. Blackford's personal assistant."

I gave him a small smile and after a few seconds, we arrived at the top floor which also happens to be Mr. Blackford's floor. Daniel walked out and followed his suit. He stopped in front of a big wooden door and then turned to face me.

"Miss Davis, Mr. Blackford will see you now," he said and pushed open the doors. He entered the office I followed behind him timidly.

His office was huge, literally huge. There was a big mahogany desk with a single plush leather moving chair on one side of the desk and two other simple chairs on the opposite side. There was a laptop on his desk with some files and work materials. Everything on his table was so.... organized. From the small pencil to the files, every single thing was arranged neatly in a pattern. Maybe he is a neat freak or something or maybe he has OCD. On one side of his cabin is a big bookshelf which different types of files and on the other side is a Long L-shaped cream-colored leather couch was situated with a large coffee table on which some magazines were scattered. The entire back wall of his cabin is made up of glass which looked down upon the whole of New York. But where is Mr. Blackford? I scanned the whole room once again and finally found a figure near the glass walls looking down upon the streets of New York. The figure looked like a complete work of art. How could I miss such a wonderful piece of art?