Chapter 14.

The night sky outstretched like a never-ending blanket of stars, covering the entire city. The view of the night sky of New York was breathtaking when one witnesses it from the topmost floor of Blackford enterprises, the tallest building in the whole of New York City.

Norman Blackford gazed down at his workers leaving the premises of the Blackford enterprises, who are in a hurry to go home to their families, to their loved ones, something which he lacked, something that he terribly yearned for. 

Growing up in a broken household with an alcoholic mother and abusive father in a country far away from his homeland, was quite harsh on him. But still, he beat through all odds to become the capo (boss) of an Italian crime syndicate in America. 

The Italian crime syndicate is spread all across the globe with Florence, Italy being its headquarters which is under the control of Norman's uncle from the maternal side Marcello Donati. The whole Italian crime syndicate has been divided into three zones. The Western zone that consists of the countries of both North and South America, is under the control of Norman, the countries of Europe are under the control of  Marcello and the countries of Asia are under the control of Norman's cousin Dante Russo.  

Norman was brought out of his reverie by a series of three knocks in a particular pattern, indicating that one of his men is here to talk about his second business.

"Permission to enter?" The voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Enter," he replied as he settled himself on his plush leather office chair.

The door opened slightly and in came Alexio, his footsteps halted right next to the opposite edge of Norman's office desk.

"Che succede Alexio?" ( What's the matter Alexio?) Norman asked in his deep authoritative tone that he uses on everyone while discussing business.

"Signore, il tuo nightclub Memorias de medianoche è sotto attacco e Miss Melissa e le sue amiche, tra cui Daniel e Kate sono lì dentro con molte altre persone." (Sir, your nightclub Memorias de medianoche is under attack and Miss Melissa and her friends, including Daniel and Kate are in there with many other people) Alexio said in a monotone voice.

After these words escaped from Alexio's mouth, an eerie silence confined the whole place. 

After a few seconds, Norman broke out of his trance, his mind filled with worry but he didn't let any of it show on his face.

"Alexio, prepara i nostri migliori cecchini, mercenari, sicari, assassini, tutti e istruiscili a raggiungere la posizione entro dieci minuti. Non abbiamo molto tempo." (Alexio, prepare our best snipers, merceneries,hitmen,assasins, everyone and instruct them to reach the location within ten minutes. We don't have much time) Norman said calmly as he walked out of his office. Alexio followed closely behind him, barking orders in his phone.

Both of them made their way into the secret compartment located in the mailroom of the office.  Norman swiftly unlocked the door, only to reveal various types of weapons, from shotguns to sniper rifles, various combat knives, from Gerber Mark II to Jagdkommando Tri- Dagger, Norman's personal favorite, his most prized weapon. The room had every single weapon that one would need in combat.  

Both of them equipped themselves with the various arms and ammunition and walked out of the mailroom before securely locking the compartment.

"signore, gli uomini sono pronti" (sir, the men are ready) Alexio said as they got inside Norman's car.

All throughout the ride, Norman only hoped for Melissa to be okay.

With Norman's rash driving it took them only 20 minutes to reach the club which would otherwise take 30 minutes to reach. 

Norman and Alexio got out of the car and saw that all the men that he had called for are already present there.

"What's the situation inside?" was the first question asked by Norman when he approached his men standing in front of the club, well equipped with weapons.

"Sir, the management informed us that there are 15 men inside the club armed with 15 sniper rifles, 15 shotguns, and some hand grenades.  There are more than 100 hostages inside and many of them are gravely injured, we still don't know the amount of casualty." Jules Blake the head of the mercenaries in Norman's mafioso said.

"Sir, these are the blueprint of the club," Alexio said as he swiftly spread out the blueprint on the hood of Norman's car.
All three of them peered into the blueprint, looking for various exits and discussing the best way to take down all those incendiaries.

After much anticipation and discussion, they finally devised the perfect plan.

Norman straightened up and turned to address his men.

"It's time now boys," was all he said as a wave of excitement and thrill swept among his men.