Chapter 25.

NORMAN'S OBSESSION

NORMAN'S OBSESSION

CHAPTER 25

Today's warm evening was perfect for a walk, so I decided to walk the distance leading up to my mother's café slash bakery. The walk gave me enough time to ponder over all those things that had happened to me within a span of few days.

My life completely turned upside down.

It went from being all rainbows and unicorns kid's show to a crime thriller TV show.

Talk about impermanence.

Me and my humorless sarcasm.

"Hey Natasha," I greeted my mom's friend and also a waitress in our bakery slash café as soon as I entered.

"Melissa, you are back, it's so good to see you."

Her frail arms enveloped me in a hug.

"How are your classes going? How is life treating you? Are you facing any problem staying there?" She asked me.

"Everything is going great there. How are things here?" I asked her.

"By God's grace – everything is going great over here. Gabe really misses you," she said.

"Aww...I miss that little guy too. I would definitely stop by to meet him," I gushed out.

"He's right here," she said to me before calling out for Gabe.

"Gabe, come out, look who's here to meet you."

The sound of light footsteps was heard.

And pretty soon – a small six-year-old boy was standing in front of us – rubbing his eyes tiredly.

He looked up slowly and his eyes lit up as soon as he saw me

"Melissa," he shouted while running towards me – almost knocking me off my feet but somehow I balanced myself again.

"I have to tell you so many things," he said in his cute baby voice and struggled to not let out a loud 'aww' sound.

"Tell you what, tell me all about it over a cup of hot chocolate," I said to him as I twirled him around.

"Yay, hot chocolate," he cheered – earning a series of giggles from both me and his mother, Natasha.

The rest of the evening passed away in a blur. The café was filled with customers – many of them were some old friends from school who stopped by to catch up.

As the clock struck nine, the last of the customers exited the café – leaving behind me and my mom to clean up the mess.

Natasha said that she can stay behind to help us lock up but mom quickly dismissed her saying that little Gabe needs his sleep.

"Melissa, just clean up the tables while I wash the dishes in the kitchen," she said and went inside.

I took out the cleaning liquid and a rag and started cleaning – slowly moving from one table to another.

When I was around my 13th or 14th table – I heard the sound of the bell by the door ringing – signaling that someone has entered and I swiftly turned around – walking towards the entrance.

"I'm sorry but we are closed now..." I started out but quickly faltered when I saw the person who had entered my café.

It was Norman fucking Blackford.

The man who stole my heart.

The man who was allegedly behind the reason for my kidnapping – or at least that's what they said.

I never knew when my feelings for him turned from just a simple crush to full-blown love – at least I think it's love.

"Norman, what are you doing here?" I asked him slowly.

"I missed you. I tried calling you but you weren't picking up your phone. So I decided to visit you. Aren't you happy to see me?" he spoke slowly – as if – if he spoke any faster I wouldn't be able to understand him.

"I am happy to see you and I...missed you too."

No matter what happened I cannot just deny the feelings that I harbor for him.

That seems pretty intense coming out of an 18-year-old like me.

All the things that they said were lies.

I trust him.

"So where are your parents? Aren't you going to introduce your boyfriend to them?" he asked – a goofy smile plastered on his face.

"I can't introduce you to them now."

"But why?"

"Things are pretty now. I need to talk to you about something important."

"I'm all ears love."

I opened my mouth to speak but quickly closed it again when I saw him looking at something behind me.

I turned around and came face to face with my mom – standing a few feet away from us – a confused look plastered on her face.

The only thought that was running in my mind now was.....

What the hell am I supposed to do now?