six

[hyunjin]

i crumpled a small paper and threw it to the side. it hit someone two people away from me.

"hyunjin, this is the fifth time. what the heck do you want?" dahye whisper-yelled and a few of my classmates turned their head to her direction.

"are you angry?" i chuckled and she rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the teacher.

i ripped another page from my notebook and scribbled something before crumpling it and throwing it to her direction, hitting the back of her head.

she sneered at me and before she could look away, i mouthed an 'open it' to her. she flashed me an annoyed look before opening the paper.

i snickered at her reaction, and i couldn't help but leave an amused smile at her now flustered face.

she glanced at me and said, "i'm still not done with you hwang hyunjin."

mr. min, who was observing her since he arrived, called her attention.

"ms. kim, could you please repeat what i just said a while ago?" he tapped his hand on the desk he was leaning on.

she remained quiet, obviously not knowing the answer since she wasn't listening. i felt bad because i was the one distracting her, after all.

"mr. hwang hyunjin, please stand and help your classmate." mr. min pointed at me and i didn't have any choice but to stand up, too.

and the worst thing is, i also don't have an idea on what he was blabbering about earlier.

"i will let you slip this once since it's your first day." the teacher glanced at dahye.

"but the next time i caught you two talking," he said while pointing his ruler to the both of us.

"you're spending two hours in detention, understood?"

"yes, sir." we said unanimously. we took our seat and as i turned my head to dahye, a paper flew to my face and i could feel her laughing silently at me.

i opened the paper which said 'later, you asshat.' with a doodle of a face with x on its eyes. i glanced at her and she hit me a playful glare.

+

"god, i can't believe you were flirting with her in the middle of the class." seungmin crossed his arms.

i shrugged and cracked the combination to my locker. after taking all the needed books, i closed the door and ran to seungmin and felix.

before we could reach the gate, i heard my name being called from a small distance.

"hey, hwang hyunjin! wait for me, rat." unknowingly, a smile crept on my face as i turned around.

"don't smile at me like that. you almost got me into trouble on my first day." she had her hands on her waist.

"chill, i was just excited because we're classmates. like can you believe that!" i exclaimed and she sighed in defeat.

"god, you and your childishness." she squeezed my cheeks like i'm a child.

"so that's the dahye he was talking about. she's pretty cute." felix nodded.

"shut up felix or i'm telling aeri." seungmin deadpanned.

"hey, i didn't mean it like that. don't tell her, okay? i love aeri with all my heart and—"

"how many times do i have to tell you to shut the fuck up!" felix pursed his lips and started hugging seungmin.

"i'm sorry seungmin." he started.

"goddamn it felix."

+

super cliche bye