sixteen

[hyunjin]

"dude, you've been literally talking for almost an hour when you could've just told me that you like her. simple as that." seungmin replied as i was video-calling him. he was the most reliable person i can talk to with secrets and advices.

"but, do i really?" a sigh was heard from the other line and he looked at me with a dumb expression.

"if staring at her with twinkling eyes almost everytime and constant butterflies when she smiles at you doesn't define 'i like you' then i don't know what does."

"wh—"

"also, you talk about her for hours like jesus, i understand, she's pretty and all but you don't have to tell me every single detail." i giggled at his remark when i realized that i really do like my neighbor who surprisingly was my childhood friend and is scared of cats.

"you do know you look like an idiot smiling to yourself like that. it's starting to creep me out." i glared at the boy on the screen before ending the call.

seungmeanie
i wasnt done talking binch

hunjins
like i give a flying cow
besides you're just gonna slander me

seungmeanie
what can i do its part of my system alr

hunjins
idk maybe just stfu u toad

seungmeanie
toad srsly
wow im not talking to u

+

"dahye," i went out to get some fresh air and i saw a glimpse of her entering her apartment room.

the door quickly opened and her head popped out of the door crease. she looked at me with a wide smile and i couldn't quite tell where it was coming from.

"so how's it?" i asked i was nearing her and she swiftly wrapped her arms around my torso, her face deep into my chest.

to say i was taken aback was an underestimation. i was in fact, shocked and confused and happy and sick and nervous and mad at the same time. i don't know if it's a good feeling or not but what i'm sure of is my face is crimson red and my heart is beating loudly that she could feel it right now. well, i could feel hers, too.

i was frozen for what seemed like hours and when she pulled away, it felt like it just happened very quickly, that you can't get enough of the feeling.

"what was that for?" i almost squeaked the words out of my mouth. it was too much for my system to handle.

she shrugged at me with a half-assed smile and i can't even imagine the amount of frustration i felt at that very moment. she just hugged me i almost had a heart attack and the only reaction i get is a shrug, seriously.

"i'm sleeping over. is that alright with you?" she was too giddy that i didn't even get to answer as she already cheered and left me to take her blanky.

+

half into our third movie and i was starting to get sleepy. dahye chugged a can of coffee earlier so it wasn't a surprise if she can't sleep later.

but somehow, the hug still bothered me to no end. and after muttering a few 'good nights' and 'sleep well', i managed to fall asleep on the soft mattress.

[+]

again happy birthday to my happy pill, the sunshine and god in human form, hyunjin!