twenty

[a/n : cringe fest ahead.]

[no one]

the wind was cold against the two teens' faces. but opposed to the weather, their insides were warm. maybe it was because of the fact that they were too close to each other, or because they were going out together. or maybe both.

it wasn't like they haven't did this before, it was just different because they both know they have feelings for each other. the only thing that was stopping them was fear. fear of what might's and what if's, fear of rejection.

however, tonight, they decided to let it all go for once. the night is young, and so are they, so might as well spend it with no worries.

"jennie's is already closed by this time, hyunjin." dahye said when they almost went straight to the direction of the said ice cream shop.

"well then, how about we get ourselves some convenience store food?" he suggested instead when they passed by a well-lit 24/7 open convenience store down the road.

"sounds good to me." she hummed and he parked the bike in front of the store.

the bell rang which indicates that another costumer has arrived. the youngsters entered the store in a swift motion and the small girl ran to the frozen products aisle with hyunjin going to another aisle.

"should i get chocolate or banana?" dahye asked herself as she held the two milkshakes in her hand.

"chocolate because banana is just ugh, disgusting." she jumped out in shock as she looked up at the guy beside her.

"where did you come from?" she asked because dude literally came out of nowhere.

"me? i'm from thailand but i moved here three years ago." he replied and dahye almost facepalmed.

"i meant—you know what, nevermind." the girl sighed and took the chocolate milkshake from the fridge.

"good choice, kid." he said and she noticed the name tag on his shirt. so he was an employee.

"yep, i'll get going ten."  she replied while reading his name.

[a/n : i rlly need to stop adding random characters in my stories]

"your boyfriend is there looking at the ramen aisle." he added and dahye only nodded in response.

he probably meant hyunjin. she thought.

+

the two sipped on their drinks silently in a swing on the children's playground. the only sounds audible were the creaking of the swing as dahye slowly rocked it.

"i never knew playgrounds could be this beautiful at night." dahye whispered, slowing the swing a little bit.

"of course because we're the ones in it." hyunjin butted in causing the latter to chuckle at him playfully.

"god, stop being so cheesy." her laugh echoed in the silence of the place. after regaining her composure, she noticed him staring at her from the corner of her eye.

"do you know how your every small action affect me so much?"

dahye, i like you."

dahye faced the latter, her expressions drastically changed. she knew, somehow she has to tell him anyways.

to get everything off from my chest. she thought.

"hyunjin." he snapped at the mention of his name.

"what is it?" he paused.

"i know something is bothering you, dahye. you can tell me." he smiled and it made her feel ten times shittier than she already felt.

"i-i don't know where to start but i've been very confused these past few days, months even," the girl paused as she stood up from her seat.

"i've been feeling different with you since we met and they've grown, through the small amount of time we have been friends. and the other night," she looked at his reaction which was quite unreadable.

"the other night, you suddenly confessed to me. and i was confused because they probably just slipped out of your tongue. those sweet compliments and actions, you probably didn't mean them. and here goes dahye. being the naïve me, i still let myself drown in you, and i—" he stopped her abruptly as he raised his voice a little.

"why would you think like that? do i look like that kind of person to you?" he was hurt, because she didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth.

"i was scared, hyunjin. i feared that if i fall, no one will save me," a pause.

"but i already did, and the only thing left is to get up and face everything." the girl turned her head down as she felt hot tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

not until his warm hands cupped her cheeks and stared straight to her soul. even though she was about to cry, she still felt flustered at their small distance.

"how would you know if you didn't ask me?" he said in a rather low voice and she shivered in her place.

"now, i'll ask you. if i told you i like you and i mean it, would you still say the same?"

"yes." dahye answered almost immediately and the taller boy was appalled but not surprised.

"what did you say?" he asked one more time as a smirk drew his face.

"don't make me repeat it again, hyunjin." and he closed the gap between them. although her eyes were closed, dahye could feel him smile through the kiss, his hands caressing her cheeks as their lips move in sync, maybe their hearts, too.

their eyes fluttered open as they separated, gasping for air and hyunjin took this chance to steal a peck on her forehead, making dahye glare at him jokingly.

"you sneaky little—" and the night was filled with two young hearts' laughter.

+

this is by far the worst confession scene i've read ngl im