fourteen

[hyunjin]

"what's taking princess so long?" i said in a sing-song manner as i waited for dahye to finish preparing for school.

"what the hell is princess, hyunjin. i almost gagged at the amount of cringe. might as well call me sugar pie or cupcake." she stated, walking fashionably from her room.

"doesn't sound bad in my opinion." i shrugged.

"sometimes i wonder why i'm even friends with you." she sighed in disbelief and went ahead of me.

"me either." i added.

+

"so i'm guessing you made up already." seungmin said as we were eating our lunch at the cafeteria. it was full of students as per always and noisy, still.

i nodded as a reply since my mouth was too full to even speak a word.

"that's nice. we're not used to the both of you not talking to each other and stuff." felix added and some of the food he ate flew all over the place.

"oh my god, felix. don't talk when your mouth is full. didn't your parents teach you that?" seungmin glared at him as he dusted his uniform that had stains of felix's food.

we all stifled a laugh as they both bicker to no end. it really felt nice to have friends who you can lean on whenever you need them.

+

"are we not eating out? we hadn't done that in ages. aka since the both of you had a cold war." felix whined as we were walking home.

"i'm broke and i have an essay to pass tomorrow, sorry." seungmin replied and felix sulked.

"why don't we just get ourselves some ice cream and then go home?" i suggested and felix's eyes suddenly gleamed in joy.

"ice cream on a cold night like this? i don't want to go home looking like a block of ice." seungmin deadpanned.

"come on, i love me some ice cream. the cold will not stop me from eating ice cream." dahye butted in and strutted to the ice cream parlor near the park.

"i can't believe these people." seungmin sighed in surrender as he followed the others to the shop.

+

after finishing off our cold treat, we went home, satisfaction evident on our faces. i always enjoy walking in comfortable silence, it makes me feel safe and warm.

unknowingly, a hand snaked into mine, a giggle escaped her lips.

"you're cold." i muttered, locking her small hands in my palm.

"now i'm not." dahye said and looked ahead, a smile still etched on her face.

[+]

and im back to writing fluff wow icb myself either