Try Again: Fitz

"Another droll, boring day at the office, plagued by paperwork and paper cuts," (name) scribbled into a diary. "Nothing interesting, nothing fun." She thought a bit. "Of course, there is one person there that kind of piques my interest. His name is Cam, and he continuously looks at me from across the hall. He doesn't seem to think I notic—" Suddenly, the pencil point snapped.
"Aw, c'mon...," the girl said, tapping her toes on the floor in frustration. She didn't have a single pencil sharpener in her rented apartment, and only knew of the one on her desk at work. It seemed she would need to bring her pencil with her, the next day. Until she could go back, though, she was interested in a hot shower and a good night's rest.

The next morning, after getting dressed and dolled up for work, (name) grabbed her pencil and packed it into her bag, smiling at the idea that she'd remembered. She got onto the train from the station, with her card in hand. She couldn't sit down because the seats were packed, as they always were, so she stood by the door, with her hand on the rail above her head. Before long, the train slid to a stop, and, though she makes the commute everyday, she was startled and fell back against someone. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, truly apologetic.
She looked up and saw that the person she had bumped was Cam, and he was smiling a bit, holding a pencil that fell out of her bag. "You might have almost lost this, Miss (name). Please do be careful next time."
(name) flushed slightly from embarrassment of dropping her things and crashing into almost strangers. "Yes, of course. I'm sorry, Cam— I mean—," she started, but was quickly interrupted.
"No, no, Cam'll do, don't worry about it, love."
"Of course not, sorry again." She quickly grabbed her pencil from her and walked a little bit quicker towards her workplace, with the tall man barely using any effort to keep up with her.
"(name), slow down, there's no rush," his calm voice called, a smile gracing his face.
"Right, I am early, after all."
"Exactly." He took her hand in his, in a move that seemed to surprise both of them, but he revealed a large grin. "I've wanted to hold your hand for a bit, maybe take you to a nice dinner, or just watch a movie in the theater. But, you always seem to avoid me, Miss (name). Why is that?" By the end of his monologue, he looked disappointed and sad.
"Oh, please don't take it personally," she found herself muttering. "It's never my intention to ignore someone, especially not— especially not my coworkers." She almost slipped in her speech, regarding the lovely, tall man walking beside her, holding her hand loosely but slightly securely, unlike any grip she'd ever felt. "Besides, why does it matter to you if some secretary ignores you, Cam?"
"Because, Miss, I happen to think that you have a lovely and eloquent way of speaking, as well as the fact that I've seen your immense kindness around children and adults alike. You're truly a sweetheart to everyone, and I'd like to talk to you more, but it's difficult when you keep yourself as far away from me as possible."
(name) was taken aback. Being a secretary was no walk in the park; people were constantly demanding various things: copies of paperwork, schedules planned, etc., but it was still a well-paying job, and she enjoyed it. Cam's cuticle was on the end of a row and she could see him all day, and when they arrived at the office, Cam almost didn't let go of her hand. "Please," he said, "meet me at lunch. We'll go to a nice restaurant and talk, more than we did on the walk."

Lunch was a special treat, because Cam was such a peach.
He bought himself a salad, and she got a simple soup. He made it better by getting her a milkshake with a chocolate chip cookie hanging off the glass. He asked for a sip at one point, and she jokingly slapped his hand away as he reached for the mug. But when he grabbed it, she smiled and he took a drink.
"Mmm," he had exclaimed, smiling and wiping the milkshake off his lip with a napkin. "That was amazing, I'm surprised you haven't finished it yet!"
"After my soup, I'm kind of full," she replied, slightly upset with her stomach.
"Do you want me to help you finish it, then?"
A small nod and smile came from her, as he picked up the second straw from the table and sipped gently at the milkshake. Without thinking, she leaned in to also take a bit, but ended up bumping their noses into each other.
"Goodness, I'm sorry," she whispered, rubbing her nose softly and looking away.
"Don't worry about it," he said through chuckles, and leaned over to carefully wipe away some of the milkshake that had splashed onto her cheek. "But, it is almost time to go back. So, (name), will you let me take you out for dinner?"