Goodness Me: Kryoz (p.2)

In the morning, the girl opened her brilliant eyes and glanced up at the man she was cuddled up to. She rubbed her eyes and smiled, slowly remembering what had happened the night before. Shaking him gently, she mumbled his name.

"John... Johnnnn," she whispered, still poking at his arms, almost two minutes later.

He eventually came to, looking up and about, until his eyes landed on her. "Well good morning, (name). Did you sleep well?"

"I did, but only because you're like a heater. Are you sick?" She smiled brightly and planted a kiss on his forehead to check his temperature.

He jokingly rubbed her kiss away, and chuckled as she placed a sloppy kiss back in the same spot. "I'm not sick, mom," he said quickly, as a slight pink tinge crept up his cheeks.

"Right. C'mon, it's time to make breakfast and unload the dishwasher, young man," she said through a giant grin.

He smiled and pulled the covers off himself, sitting up slowly. The night before had been wonderful, to put it lightly. He had had feelings for (name) for a while, but they'd been hidden somewhere deep inside himself.

He threw an oversized sweatshirt over his t-shirt, and stood up, walking towards the kitchen. "(name)?"

As he stepped into the kitchen, he couldn't see her, and mumbled "Marco?", before sneaking over to the slightly open pantry door.

A small giggle came from the slatted openings of the pantry. His smile grew, and he knocked on the door a little, making it rattle on its hinges. "(name)," he called. "(name), are you in here?"

Quietly, her whisper came from the small shelved closet. "Polo!", followed by a faint chuckle.

He smiled wider and opened the pantry doors to see her grinning next to a bag of paper towels. His heart beat a little faster to see that she was in one of his hoodies, but he hoped she couldn't hear it. He could faintly hear the blood pounding in his ears.

She smiled even brighter as he helped her up, gripping her forearms and lifting her up like a sack of sugar. "You weigh almost nothing," he said. "We gotta fatten you up!" The smile on her face cancelled out her smacking his arm playfully.

"You sound like the witch from Hansel and Gretel, don't try to fatten me up!" She giggled, backing away from him, only to bump gently into the wall of the kitchen, as he moved slowly towards her. His back was slightly hunched, his arms were stretched towards her, and he had a wide smile on his face. Though John's hair was a mess, (name) looked at him like he was on the front page of a swim-model's magazine.

She couldn't move, at that point, and he had her cornered against the wall. His back straightened, and his hands fell to her hips. She smiled again, tipping her face up to meet his.

Once her eyes closed, he smiled a little and pecked her cheek quickly. Immediately, her lips puckered into a pout, making him chuckle a little.

Letting her go, he stepped back, towards the counter, and picked up a pan. "I'm going to make breakfast, if that's okay?"

"Of course it is, you goofball." She smiled and threw cereal bits at him, watching the marshmallows bounce off his forehead or stick in his hair. "Hey, John?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you get your hair to be so fabulous?"

He grinned and shook out his hair, sending tens of pieces of brightly colored cereal to the floor. "I make sure to brush it at least a thousand times a day."

"Wow," she said, a bright smile gracing her face. "Thanks for the tip."

He smiled, equally as brightly, and walked over. Sticking his hand out, he ruffled her hair. "Your hair is already perfect the way it is, silly." In that moment, he leaned down to kiss her cheek, as she tipped her head up to look at him.

Gently, their lips connected, and their eyes snapped open, surprised as ever.

"Wow..."

"Wow," she whispered, softly tapping her lips once it was over.

"Thank you," he said, and kissed her forehead. "Now I know how much I was missing." His smile covered his whole face.