Just Another Day

"Are you missing me? Or shall I stay back for few more days?"

Arnav really couldn't say if he was missing her or not. Since the day Khushi's gone to Lucknow to stay at her parents house for a week, he had been very much occupied with handling their two bundles of joy and office work. But he didn't want her to stay there more as he was actually looking forward to spending time with her again, talking to her and seeing her smile.

Arnav - No. You are coming back tomorrow. I won't postpone your ticket and I won't argue on that. Just come back.

Khushi - Acha theek hai Laad Governor, I'll come tomorrow. Actually I am missing my children so much. You didn't let me take them along.

Arnav - Khushi, you know I take care their extracurricular activities very serious. The Basketball tournament for juniors is nearing and I don't want them to miss their training in this period.

Khushi - Haan Haan theek hai. I know. Anyway, I saw today is Father's Day so I got Babuji a new Kurta Pyjama spent a lot of time with him. How was your Father's Day? Did they wish you? I had told them.

A smile crept onto his lips as he recalled the day with his twins whom he put to sleep with a bedtime story just half hour ago.

*Flashback*

"Au, au, au, DADDY, auch!"

He stopped watering the plants and went inside the room to see both his 4 year olds having gripped each other's hair and winning in pain complaining about each other.

He immediately stepped forward and made them leave their hair.

Arnav - Even a movie you both can't watch without fighting?

Arshi - She shtarted! I am innoshent.

Aarushi - No! She shtarted Daddy. She shaid Barbie izn't real. She vely bad.

Urgh, again! Aarushi is Barbie freak and Arshi doesn't like dolls at all. Both are twins yet so different from each other. Aarushi is sweet and very sensitive like Khushi while Arshi is more rational and a bit cold like him at this age already.

Arnav - Arshi, Aarushi, I really don't care who started first. I just saw you both pulling each other's hair. You both have no respect for your lovely hair, so I'll have you both's hair cut off. Come here, let's get ready and go to hairdresser. Then you both will become bald like Megamind and your head will look huge.

They both gasp scared and run to a corner of the bedroom to hide. Arnav chuckled inside at his little nautankis. They both looked so cute but he had to keep a stern face.

Arshi - No Daddy, no. No huge head. I plomish, I won't pull her hair again.

Aarushi - Yesh Daddy, I too plomish. I love my hair, I want Barbie hair, no Megamind. Peash Daddy.

Arnav - Ok fine. I won't have your hair cut off but you both know how serious I take promises. If either of you breaks her promise, then both will become bold. I won't ask then and just cut your hair off in sleep. Ok?

They nodded pouting and he smiled as both now lovingly continued watching Smurfs after coming back to bed. Just a minute and they were back to laughing and sharing popcorn with each other. Kids!

* * *

"Arnav bhaiyya, come down fast. Arshi and Aarushi baby started fighting again."

He rushed downstairs leaving the video conference in the midway and widened his eyes at the view. The dining area was all messed up and had become a front of a food war with both throwing their Maggi noodles at each other. And in trying to stop them, poor Prakash Brothers got all covered with Sauce and Maggi masala, noodles hanging from their hair and shoulders.