Aarushi's First Karva Chauth

"Mummaaaaaa"

Khushi looked at her daughter with a smile as she ended Arnav's call. She walked over to her and bent to Aarushi who held a drawing in her hand.

Khushi - Yes Shona, you drew a moon!?

Aarushi - Yesh. When moon come?

Khushi - I don't know about moon but your Daddy has finally come.

She looked towards the main door through which their father just happened to walk in. Both got up from the carpet and ran towards him with open arms. Khushi got up smiling and watched Arnav take both his angels in his arms and shower them with love and kisses.

They all walked to the rest of family sitting in the hall. The house had been decorated for Karva Chauth celebration. Guests were to arrive anytime and all the members were dressed and prepared.

Arnav walked up to their room with both his angels, followed by Khushi and the once in the room he took a moment to ogle his wife clad in a red Sari gifted by him. Khushi blushed noticing his intense stare but that didn't last long as one of their twins standing on the bed pulled his nose so she gets his full attention.

Aarushi - Daddy, u know, I keep vat. When moon come, I beak fasht.

Arshi - She do all dama Daddy. Whole day.

Arnav's smile disappeared as he acknowledged Aarushi's words. He immediately turned to Khushi.

Arnav - You're letting my daughter keep fast? My three years old!? How can you be so irresponsible Khushi?

He almost shouted for her to lose her calm too. Khushi flared her nose at him as she glared him with her hands on her hips.

Khushi - You think I'll let my daughter starve!? *whisper* She thinks she is fasting! I made them eat and drink on time. I'm their mother!

She walked to the wardrobe partially in anger. Arnav felt guilty for jumping to conclusion and calling her irresponsible.

Aarushi - Daddy, shee mah mendi.

Arshi - Me too. Bhai too got. I call him too?

Arnav smiled at his twins and kissed their hands as they proudly showed him their Mehendi. He looked at Khushi through the corner of his eyes as she blabbered things for herself, unaware that he can hear it.

Khushi - Here I am, fasting for his well-being and instead of being with me, he goes to his super important meetings, then gets angry on me after coming back!

Arnav smiled a bit and looked at his daughters as they tried to open his tie and take off his coat. He helped them, in a way they stay under the impression that they only did it. They jumped down holding both the pieces of clothes and ran towards the mirror.

Arshi - I weah coat.

Aarushi - No. You tie, today I coat.

While the twins argued over who'll get to wear what today, Arnav walked to Khushi and hugged her from behind. Placing a soft kiss on her nape, he whispered into her ears.

Arnav - I'm sorry.

She twisted her mouth and continued taking out clothes from cupboard for him and twins to change in.

Arnav - You didn't eat all day, how are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't there with you.

Khushi - As if you care about me! You only care about your children now, your heiresses!

Arnav - That's not true. You're as important to me as my daughters and I'll love you as much as them.

She turned into his arms pushing him slightly and looked behind at twins once who were wearing their Daddy's coat and tie.