Kanya Puja

This shot is dedicated to my lovely @ArShi_Angel Happy birthday Saruuu. May God bless you with all the happiness in the world. Have a heartfilled birthday. This update is your gift.

Khushi - Wake up my sleepy heads. It's quite late.

She opened the curtains to let the daylight enter through the windows and walked back to the bed to wake up her children with kisses and her husband by pulling the quilt off him.

Khushi - It's 10 O' Clock already Arnavji. Get up.

Arnav - Khushiii, let us sleep.

He rolled keeping his face away from the penetrating light and pulled the teddy bear in a hug lying between him and Aarushi.

Khushi giggled and shot a pic of him cropping out the twins sleeping right next to him amidst all the cuddly toys and Barbies. You can't have enough blackmail material.

Khushi - Who told you to play with them at 5 in the morning? If they woke up, then you should have made them sleep again and not play with them.

She stretched out on the bed taking both her dolls in her arms and rubbed her nose on their cheeks.

Khushi - Shona, wake up. I have a surprise for you.

They moved in her hold snuggling into her chest while Arnav grabbed her hand and put it under his cheek.

Arnav - What surprise?

He asked opening his eyes and she pulled her hand back grimacing.

Khushi - I said shona. Not you. The surprise is for them.

Arnav - So I'm not your shona?

Khushi - No. You are a Laad Governor. These two are my shona, my jaan, my dolls. My sweet Jalebis.

She kissed their noses smiling. He chuckled recognizing her typical my-babies-are-so-sweet-I-could-eat-them look.

Arnav - Khushi, I know you aren't into cannibalism but still just wanna say please don't eat them for real one day.

She shot daggers at him before smacking him lightly.

Khushi - Go and get ready. And this doesn't belong to you.

She drew the teddy out of his arms as he sat up finally yawning.

Arshi - Mum-ma

They opened their eyes slowly and Khushi smiled cooing with them.

Khushi - Good morning my sweeties.

Arshi, Aaru - Gud monig.

They weren't ready to get started into the day yet so stayed in their mother's embrace, trying to get more space than the other. Khushi chuckled and caressed their hair.

Khushi - Today is a special day. There is a surprise for you two.

They looked at her blinking blankly with little curiosity. They weren't fully awake yet to get excited and make assumptions.

Arnav - So what's the surprise? Tell now at least.

She turned behind at her husband standing there waiting for her to reveal it. She nodded in denial. Living amongst kids he too has started behaving like a kid sometimes.

Khushi - What are you still doing here? Go get ready!

Arnav - For what? You asked me to stay home today and now you're asking me to get ready!?

Khushi - Arnavji, you too na. You don't remember? Today is Kanya puja!

He opened his mouth in comprehension and then walked over to the cupboard.