No Kissing Allowed

"So I can't even, just, give you a small peck on cheeks?"

"No."

"What about a quick one on your forehead?"

"Nope."

"This is not fair. You know I can't let a day go by without kissing you at least once."

"Not anymoah."

"How about I am allowed to kiss your both cheeks and a small peck on lips just once a day?"

"No."

"Accha, tumhari bhi nahi, meri bhi nahi. Just one kiss on one of your cheek daily. Please!"

"No-ho!"

Khushi flared her nose as she glared that little devil in front of her. She stamped her foot on the ground and walked inside the room to start with her daily complaint session.

Khushi - Arnavji, I'm warning you. If I don't get a kiss daily, I won't leave you.

He withdrew his view from laptop and looked up at her in total confusion. What's gotten into her now?

Arnav - What the. Am I denying!? You can kiss me whenever you want!

Khushi - Shut up. Not you, your little replica, that little Laad Governor. She says she doesn't like to be kissed and nobody shall kiss her from now on. Not even me, ME! I am her mother! How can she deny ME!?

Arnav rolled his eyes sighing in disbelief. There she goes all over dramatic again.

Arnav - What's the big deal Khushi? She doesn't like to be kissed, then respect it and just don't kiss her.

Khushi - Respect??? She's just four!!! How else do I show her how much I love her? And my children are too sweet and cute. Whenever I see them, I just want to take them in my arms, kiss them, hug them tight, cuddle them. I just could eat them.

Arnav - I know! But you know Arshi is not into all this kissing and cuddling. And don't eat my babies!

Khushi - Shut up. And it is all your fault! She could've gone after me like my Aarushi, or be like her Bua or her Massi or her Chachu but no! Laad Governor's genes outweighed!

He thinned his lips in order to suppress his smile. It always irked her whenever Arshi would go on to prove she's his daughter.

Arnav - Ok relax. It's just a matter of a kiss.

Khushi - No! It is not just a matter of a kiss. You have no idea how a mother feels when her own child tells her not to express her love anymore. Today she's saying don't kiss me, tomorrow she'll say don't hug me, then she'll see don't talk to me, don't love me. She's going far from me.

Her eyes already filled up just by thinking about all that already. No. She can't stay away from her baby. She won't let Arshi distance herself from Khushi. She will have to do something!

Arnav just stood up to console his crazy wife when she marched outside in all hurry. He just looked at her bewildered. This woman is really nuts, he thought.

* * *

"My Jalebi, my Laado, my doll, you're Mumma's sweetest child. You know why? Because you let your Mumma kiss you so much."

Aarushi's face was lit up as she sat in her mother's lap with her head resting on her chest and her face being showered with kisses. If this little life would have to define heaven, this is the situation she would describe.

Khushi - You know, Mumma's kisses are magical. Mumma's one kiss means lots of love, affection and blessings.

Aarushi - How much love?

Asked little Aarushi only so she is told how much her Mumma loves her. She won't leave any opportunity to seek her mother's attention and love.

Khushi looked over to her other twin sitting there and watching her Tom & Jerry acting all indifferently. These ASR genes, Khushi humphed.

Khushi - As much as Jerry loves cheese. He would do anything for cheese. Same is my love for my children. I would do anything for you both.

Aarushi - We talk about me only!

Aarushi hugged Khushi tighter as she noticed Khushi's focus has shifted from her to Arshi. She isn't the sole center of her universe anymore which she always prefers to be but.

Khushi - Yes jaan. I am talking about you, I love you even more than Jerry loves Cheese, or Bugs Bunny loves carrots. Even more than you love your Barbies.

Aarushi - Me your Barbie doll?

Khushi - Yes. You are my little Barbie doll. You always like and want to be kissed by your Mumma. I wish my other child too would understand that Mumma's breath is stuck in her. Without kissing any of her kids at least once a day, she'll die.

Khushi pouted looking down sadly as her eyes filled up. She didn't want Aarushi to see that. She'll freak out and get upset.

"Mumma"

Khushi looked up to see Arshi standing in front of her.

Arshi - You ah dlama.

Khushi smiled a bit as Arshi chuckled and wiped her eyes. She leaned closer and kissed her mother to earn the brightest smile. Aarushi pouted in annoyance as she had to share Khushi's lap and attention with Arshi now. Khushi literally attacked both with her kisses making them give it back to her same way.

Arnav came downstairs and stopped midway as he saw his wife sitting in the lobby with their daughters in her lap and laughing all together while kissing them nonstop. He smiled feeling extremely content and clicked some pictures before joining his happy family for some fun and of course, kisses.