Slumber Party

Khushi watched her twins drag a quilt and pillows out of the bedroom and into the tent. Akshay followed them with more pillows and another quilt. She spread the sheets in the tents and received her adorable helpers in an embrace.

They were having a slumber party just as she promised them the previous night. With her little assistants she set up three tents at the poolside while the other two ladies arranged for food and games each.

Aarushi - I sheep wid Mumma!!!

She yelled out of nowhere before any of her sister or brother could demand to share a tent with her mother. As their father wasn't home, she wasn't going to compromise.

Arshi - No, I sheep wid Mumma!

They pulled out of their mother's hug and glared at each other stubbornly. Khushi nodded in denial at her pigheaded daughters.

Khushi - Ok, no need to argue, else Mumma won't sleep with any of you both.

Akshay - Exactly, because Massi will sleep with me.

And except of the twins' cocked eyebrows and Khushi's frown, he was also the recipient of their fuming anger. The look he received by the little ASRs almost scared him.

Khushi - Stop it you three. We will decide later with whom we'll sleep. For now we'll eat lots and play games.

Aarushi - Eat Jebis?

Khushi - Yes, we'll eat Jalebis too. And we'll play Twister. My Shona loves Twister, isn't it?

She laughed as Aarushi jumped to express her excitement. The other two just rolled their eyes indifferently.

Akshay - So can we come back to the sleeping order? I'll sleep with Massi.

Anjali - And who'll sleep with me?

They smiled wide at their aunt Anjali who walked over to them followed by Payal and took place next to them on the sheet.

Arshi - Meeee! I sheep wid Anji Bua.

She hugged her grinning and sat in her lap. Akshay and Aarushi smirked for one less candidate.

Aarushi - And I sheep wid Mumma, and bhai sheep wid Masshi.

Akshay - No. Massi, I never slept with you, Aarushi sleeps with you so many times. Today it's my turn.

Khushi sighed giving up and agreed thinning her lips. But Aarushi narrowed her eyes at him coming between them.

Aarushi - NO!!!

Khushi - Aaru, jaan, why don't you sleep with Massi today and let Bhai sleep with me?

She scowled in response and struggled in her mother's hold.

Khushi - Aaru! What do we do with kids who won't listen to their elders?

Akshay - Tie their hands and feet and throw them in the water.

Khushi, Anjali and Payal's eyes widened in shock as they looked at Akshay horrified for his imagination of drowning three years old Aarushi.

Payal - You, my little friend won't be watching any TV for a month and your IPad will be confiscated too. How can you even think of such a horrible thing?

Akshay - Watched it in a movie.

The three ladies exchanged looks of fear. He's just five years old and shares the room with twins. If Arnav and Akash get to know about this, Akshay will be in deep trouble.

Khushi - And as punishment for even suggesting to drown your little sister you won't be sleeping with me.

Payal - And you won't join the slumber party. What you said is wrong and you think about it in your room where you'll be sleeping now.