3 » demon bunnies & risky behaviors

CHAPTER THREE ;
demon bunnies
                 & risky behaviors "

  " wish we could turn back time,
      to the good old days when our
      momma sang us to sleep
      but now we're stressed out  "
   STRESSED OUT
                 twenty øne piløts!

"Laurie, Laurie, Laurie!"

"Cassie, Cassie, Cassie!" the fifteen year old repeats in the same tone although she keeps her face buried in her pillow.

A small body suddenly plops down on top of Laurie's back, bouncing up and down.

"Ow, I'm sore! I had gymnastics yesterday, Cassie, y'ouch,"

"Sorry, but hey," Cassie slows her bouncing, instead choosing to lightly poke at her sister's smooshed cheek, "it's my birthday!"

"No, it's not." Laurie responds very matter of factly.

Cassie's eyebrows bop up and her tone grows defensive, "Yeah, it is!" She leans down, fully lying on top of her older sister now, "Wait, it is, isn't it? Because we have the party..."

Laurie peeks an eye open, glancing back at her and mumbling incoherently.

"Huh?" Her little sister pushes her face closer, "What did you say?"

"I said," Laurie draws the words out before suddenly flipping over, snatching onto the little girl and tickling her mercilessly, "Happy birthday, Little Mama!"

Cassie shrieks in between her giggles, "No, no! Stop! Stop, stop!"

"Do you surrender?!"

"No, never!"

"Then I'll keep going!" Laurie holds her hand up, still poised to attack as she speaks dramatically, "Say surrender and the fingers of doom shall leave you be!"

"Umm," Cassie giggles a little, breathing heavily from being tickled.

Laurie raises her brown eyebrows, wiggling her fingers in mock threat.

Still giggling, Cassie slowly reaches over for a pillow for what Laurie assumes to be protection. Instead, the now seven year old clunks her sister upside the head with the pillow before laughing and leaping off the bed. Laurie stares off into space for a beat, too shocked to do anything as her hair stays frizzy over her face. Suddenly, she throws herself off the bed as well and sprints after the pajama wearing girl running out of the bedroom and down the hall. Cassie squeals and laughs as Laurie hurries after her. She chases her all around the top floor of the house, making a racket as birthday party banners and streamers hang from all around.

"Watch the balloons!" Maggie worries from the bottom of the staircase.

"We don't have any backups of the pink ones so don't pop them!" Paxton, the soon to be (the highly dreaded word) stepfather, adds in as he comes up beside Maggie.

In unison, the sisters shout back between laughs, "We won't!"

It's at that ironically exact moment that Laurie slams her foot into the bannister and ends up slamming into the wall. Paxton and Maggie both jump and then slowly turn to cringe up at the staircase where the oldest of the girls is yelping.

"Oh, crud-muffins!" Laurie hops around on one foot, wincing as she holds her stinging toe, "Drat, drat, drat,"

Cassie winces and patters back over, grabbing her sister's arm to steady her, "You really are clumsy."