8 » DRAMATICISM : a made up word ?

CHAPTER EIGHT ;
dramaticism - a made up word ? "

"   and take a look around the room
    love comes wearing disguises
    i can't help myself but stare
    double check for double meanings   "
MY TYPE
               saint motel!

"So..." Gordo stretches the word out, sitting on top of the island counter in the middle of the mansion's kitchen.

"So... what-o, Gordo?" Laurie responds, standing across from him on top of the opposite counter and looking through the cabinets.

The boy makes a face at her, dipping his chin down so that his floppy hair falls on his forehead, "So... you wanna tell me what in Godzilla's name is going on?"

"You have brought forth a good question, my buddy ol' pal." Laurie pauses her search through Hank Pym's cabinets, mockingly tapping her index finger to her chin, "Hmm... Nope!" She pops the 'P' and then her voice drops way super deep when she announces, "You can't handle the truth!"

The fifteen year old boy scrunches his nose at her, "When God gave you the gift of dramaticism-,"

"That is a made up word, my friend."

"So what if it is?!" Gordo bursts, throwing his hands on his hips, "I can be cool and fun and creative too!"

"Touchy, touchy..." Laurie mutters in a mockingly highly voice, the one that makes you want to punch the person even more.

Gordo narrows his eyes at her, "Anywaay, I was trying to say that when you were popped out with the gift of the dramatics, He was cursing the rest of us poor unfortunate souls."

Laurie smirks a little at his insult.

She hums to herself in irritation, not being able to find what she's looking for, as she still steps along the cold countertop in her alien socks. She got those bad boys for her eleventh birthday and she will die a gory and brutal death before she allows her mom to throw 'em away. Little one-liners are set between the aliens, saying phrases like, 'outta this world' and 'greetings normies'. Aaand, the little green dudes on her feet glow when in the dark.

All in all, her socks are pretty stinking rad.

Gordo interrupts her inner monologue about her paranormal socks to say stupid words like, "Laurie. I mean it."

Ignoring him and his stupid words, Laurie huffs and then pretty much shoves her entire head into one of the cabinets.

"Laurie."

"Sorry, I can't hear you when - aha! I found it!" She suddenly yanks her head out, in turn slamming the back of her skull against a shelf with a very loud bang.

Gordo jumps in his jean jacket and then the boy cringes, squinting an eye at her.

"Ow! Ow!" She howls and jumps up and down on the counter, rubbing a hand into the back of her head, "Oh, dirty cuss word!"

Her best friend cringes even more at her jumping, totally being able to picture the clumsy and sorta / kinda lanky girl slipping off the counter and then falling to her death. Agh, that would get blood everywhere. Gordo pushes himself off of his own spot a few feet away, awkwardly holding his arms out in case she plummets down from above. Meanwhile, Laurie is still doing a little jig.