10 » arguments, avengers, & everything in between

CHAPTER TEN ;
arguments, avengers,
& everything in between "

" 'cause i don't need anyone
    i don't need anyone
    i just need everyone and then some  "
   CLEMENTINE
                halsey!

"Are you completely insane?!"

Y-E-S.

I mean, that's what she wants to say and that's what she knows they're all thinkin' but hey, who is she to be honest?

So, Laurie doesn't respond, keeping her eyes on the kitchen table and her arms crossed over her chest - like this is some kind of barrier that can protect her from everyone else around. And really, she kinda does need this kind of protection.

Everybody is ticked at her.

Which is usual.

Let's be real honest here, everybody is usually ticked at Laurie for some reason or another. Like, sure, she'll spend too much money online shopping (who doesn't?), and sometimes she'll eat the last of the rocky road ice cream at midnight, or she'll sneak a pack of cigarettes that she'll never use into her backpack, and hey, maybe sometimes she'll even ACCIDENTALLY end up egging the police precinct even though she swears up and down that it wasn't her.

So, sue her!

But anyway, the point is, she's usually fine with that. She's usually like, 'kay my dudes. right back at cha, my friends'. All in all, Laurie Lang is usually just... unfeeling.

Oh, but it's pretty well-established that she likes to pretend that she is.

But maybe, these past few days, they've slowly taken away her armor, piece by piece, shield, helmet, sword, all of those crazy things slowly were pulled away from her body and now, for some reason, she just feels like she's raw to it.

So, all of the yelling is definitely like slicing open a lil baby nugget of a wound on her baby finger - and everybody knows those hurt the darndest. Sure, Laurie knew that her choice to dive right into a job with Darren Criss-Cross would probs get her into some kinda trouble but the glares from Scott, Hank, Hope, and even the traitor Gordo just feel like lemon juice on an open papercut, at this point.

"You could have completely ruined the mission!" Hank is currently ranting, pacing around the side of the dining room table, "Irresponsible... and dangerous! You could've jeopardized everything!"

Laurie puckers her peach pink lips and plays at her eyebrow piercing, really trying to, like, seem as cool as a cucumber.

But then again, her cool and cucumber-y facade is a little bit lacking lately.

"The entire plan could've gone down the drain, is that what you want?!"

Laurie just rolls her head up and squints a little single eye at them.

Why do people ask that? 'Is that what you want'? Like no, duh, that's obviously not what you want...? Ugh, people can be so exhausting when they're scolding you about something you did that was probably more than likely wrong and definitely more than likely reckless.

"Nooo, I don't want that." Speaking for the first time since this whole shabang shabanged, Laurie grumbles her answers back and pokes at the edge of fancy thick wooden table with her index finger.