7 » reflection in the mirror

CHAPTER SEVEN ;
reflection in the mirror "

"   i'm all caught up in the rush
    get excited every time i see ya
    i don't wanna call it love
    whatever it is, it's unfamiliar   "
   LOSE MY COOL
                dnce!

Laurie sits at the dining table with a sour expression crumpling her features as her fluffy hair stands up on wild ends. She keeps her freckled cheek shoved against her bunched up fist, making her face stretch and scrunch weirdly. To say she's in a bad mood is an insanely huge understatement. Now, let's be honest, Laurie is the kind of person to have mood swings, but she's usually all like, 'sue me! I'm fifteen, what do you expect?!" about it. But today really takes the cake. To be fair, she does have a pretty good reason to be a bit P.O.ed at the moment.

Let's take events into account, shall we?

1. Laurie finally started to... bond with Scott and then bam! They got arrested, which leads to #2.

2. She had to spend a night in a prison cell that smelt like ham and cheese sandwiches and stinky feet.

3. Scott literally shrunk down to the size of a little tiny insect and that led to another round of interrogation in which she had to lie through her pearly whites the whole time.

4. She totally just lost all of whatever trust her mom had in her, she let her own stupid self down, and worse yet, Cassie had to find out.

5. Scott is now a jailbird, on the run, on the lam, at large, or whatever.

6. And, finally, which is perhaps the worst thing yet, Paxton and Maggie just cancelled her Spotify subscription so bye-bye TWENTY ØNE PILØTS, it's been nice suffering with you.

"Mom?" Cassie breaks the silence and shifts in her too big of a chair, calling out to the woman who sits at the other side of table, "Is Laurie in really big trouble?"

Maggie's light brows crease in at her youngest, "Why don't you ask your sister?"

"I tried." The seven year old nods quickly and her numerous pigtails bounce as she does, "But then I got an autmatted response."

"A what?" Paxton, who sits at the head of the table, frowns in confusion.

"Autmatted." Cassie chirps nonchalantly before stuffing in a spoonful of Fruity Pebbles.

"Do you mean 'automated'?" Paxton supplies as Laurie rolls her eyes and shakes her head down at her own bowl of cereal.

"Yeah! Watch!" Cassie turns in her chair and then uses the center of her sister's forehead as a button.

Laurie straightens and speaks in a robotic voice that she somehow is able to make insanely snarky, "I'm sorry. Laurie LaRue Lang is currently out of service because apparently she is now the worst person alive!" She fakes a gasp, holding a hand over her heart, "End of message."

Laurie gives a bitter and sardonic smirk to her mother that lingers for about a full minute before she drops her gaze back down to her cereal. Paxton just shakes his head and Maggie rolls her eyes. Laurie's over-all covered shoulders slouch and her lips pucker out again. Her nose ring bumps against her nose and she sniffs at it irritatedly, tossing her brown hair off of her neck. Cassie lovingly pats Laurie's shoulder and then turns back to their mom for an answer.

STINGER ▹ langOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara