15 » growing pains (ant-man & the wasp)

CHAPTER FIFTEEN ;
growing pains "

" daddy, please forgive me for the
   drinks spilled on the floor, to the
   ones who never left me we've been
   down this road before i'm so sorry,
   i'm not sober anymore  "
   SOBER
               demi lovato!

PREVIOUSLY ON STINGER . . .

Seizures rack through Laurie's long frame, her head jerking back and forth as her limbs violently twist at odd angles. Her muscles begin to stretch and tear and shudder and retract, and blood begins to drip out of her ears. And Laurie tries to cry for help, but her voice won't make a sound and her tongue can't seem to form any words.

Foam bubbles and leaks out of her mouth as her body convulses and writhes on the floor. It's like her body is drawing in on itself, flesh consuming flesh as it eats her up and ravages her figure. And she knows she isn't going to make it out, that whatever's happening, it's gonna take her whole.

Her fingernails desperately claw into the concrete and she finally belts out an agonized scream, just trying to get someone to hear her

- for someone to finally hear her -

before Laurie Lang shrinks entirely.

THREE YEARS LATER . . .

*record scratch*

Yep, that's her. Laurie LaRue Lang, a tongue twister and a paradox all mixed up to create one perfect idiot. I bet you're wondering how she got into this situation.

Well, it all started three years ago when she done got shrunked up into the size of a little tiny ant and became, what the government calls, a "criminal", psh, like that mattered to her. I mean, it didn't matter up until the point she was wearing a supersuit, fighting an actual ghost, and her very favorite pals got arrested.

But wait, we're getting ahead of ourselves, let's backtrack a lil' bit.

Growing up wasn't anything like Laurie Lang had wanted. She had big dreams. She had dreams so big that sometimes it felt like even the stars were within her grasp.

But she turned eighteen way too quickly, and then all the sudden her childhood was over and she was left in a whirlwind. Laurie still felt like a little kid in no way, shape, or form ready to be an adult. She was still just a kid when everything went sideways for the third time in her pathetic little life. Whatever semblance of stable ground the girl had finally settled on was dropped out from under her and she was in freefall.

Laurie thought things were getting better. Paxton and the dreaded word "stepfather" stopped seeming so bad. Scott was back in her and Cassie's lives for good, finally becoming the dad they needed so much. Hank and Hope decided not to be the reason they went to prison, but became friends instead. Laurie and Gordo were all set to be best buds for the rest of their happy little lives. Everything was all fine and dandy, and the sun was setting on her perfect paradise.

Laurie should've known the world was about to screw her over. Again.

It all started with frickin' Scott going AWOL, randomly getting arrested in Germany with the actual real-life Avengers (which was wacky in of itself but we don't have time to unpack all of that).