Chapter 2

Midoriya woke up peacefully. His hair was a lion's mane of dark green curls. Yawning quietly, he stretched his arms above his head. He rubbed his eyes and looked around his room. It took him a second to remember what day it was.

"It's the first day of school!" He cheered and sprung out of bed. He grabbed his uniform and raced to the bathroom to get ready. He quickly threw on his uniform and brushed his teeth. He attempted to brush his hair but the comb just got stuck so he gave up. He couldn't quite get his tie right so he called for his mom. Inko entered the bathroom and smiled when she saw Izuku.

"Oh! My little boy's all grown up!" She cooed and helped him with his tie. Midoriya giggled as Inko fixed his tie. "Thanks mom," he said once she was finished.

"Now once you're done getting ready I want you to come and eat breakfast. It's fresh on the table for you." She said before exiting thee bathroom and closing the door. Izuku looked in the mirror and smiled.

"You're going to be great. You're going to be amazing! You're going to blow them all away!" He stated as he gave himself a little pep talk. Then his shoulders slumped and his expression dimmed.

"If only I could figure out how to control my quirk," he muttered glumly. He shook his head and threw a smile back on his face. "No! I'm not going to think like that! Today is a new day!" He cheered at himself and gave one last determined look at his expression before leaving the bathroom to go eat breakfast.

***

Izuku hugged his mom before leaving the house. He had to bend down a little bit since she was shorter than him. "I love you Izuku! Have an amazing day at school!" Inko called after him as he left. "I will! Love you too mom!" He waved back at her before closing the door.

He walked down the sidewalk with a skip in his step. He beamed up at the big blue sky as birds chirped in the trees he walked by. Today is going to be a good day!

Once he got into the city, he heard loud crashes coming from down the street. He saw giant flames above the buildings and knew exactly what hero was fighting. Endeavor!

I can't believe I'm going to get to see Endeavor fight on my first day! He began to sprint to the fight scene and saw the usual crowd of people. Since he was small he could squeeze through all of them and get to the front. And he saw it. Three pro heroes were fighting a villain! And he recognized every single One of them.

Endeavor, flame hero, quirk: Hell Flame. Cementoss, quirk: Cement. Fourth Kind, chivalrous hero, quirk: four arms. He pulled out his notebook from his backpack just in case he could write down some extra notes on the three.

Shoto sat in a coffee shop across the street from the fight scene. He took a bite out of his bagel and heard a loud crash and the roar of flames. So that's why I wasn't caught sneaking out today.

He looked over at the crowd of people watching the fight and saw a small green-haired boy try and squeeze through the crowd. Then he saw the uniform he was wearing. He must go to UA. He's kind of cute. He tilted his head slightly in thought before seeing the boy disappear into the crowd. He shrugged it off and finished his bagel before standing up and leaving the coffee shop.

He walked down the sidewalk to the cross walk and waited for the light to turn green before walking across. As soon as he made it across the street he felt someone slam into him from his right side. The impact was so great they both fell to the ground, landing on top of each other.

Shoto shook his head and was about to open his eyes when the sweetest scent filled his nostrils. He didn't know what it was but it was really attractive. He opened his eyes and saw the boy from earlier staring down at him. A blush soon spread quickly across his cheeks, highlighting his many freckles. The scent was coming from him.

"S-Sorry!" Izuku said and quickly got off of the boy he had fell on. "It's alright," said the red and white boy. "I'm Todoroki," he said calmly, brushing off his uniform. "I'm Izuku Midoriya," Midoriya said, trying to get the blush off his cheeks.

He looked at the boy's uniform and his face soon lit up. "You're going to UA too!" He exclaimed excitedly. Todoroki seemed a bit startled by his sudden excitement. "Yeah," he answered. "Wow that's crazy! You want to walk together?" Izuku asked, happily smiling up at Todoroki.

Todoroki couldn't help but crack a little smile at Midoriya. He's too adorable. "Sure," he replied and began walking. They walked together to UA High.

They talked the entire way and Todoroki was mesmerized by his scent. Once they got there, Midoriya ran ahead once he saw his friends.

"Iida! Uraraka!" He called and to people turned to look at him. The girl with brown hair cut into a bob beamed brightly when she saw him. "Hey Deku!" she said cheerfully. The tall dark-haired boy turned and smiled at Midoriya. "Hello Midoriya." Todoroki followed Midoriya and walked up to the group.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Todoroki. I accidentally ran into him earlier...literally," he chuckled and looked up at Todoroki. His eyes seemed to sparkle with joy and curiosity as Shoto looked back. Then he realized. Oh shit he's my soulmate.