Chapter 4

Todoroki frowned down at Midoriya as they walked down the empty hall. The echo of their footsteps was like the pounding of a drum in the silence. Finally Todoroki broke the quiet. "What was that back there?"

Midoriya didn't meet Todoroki's eyes. He fiddled and played with his thumbs. "I-I.... um...don't know what you mean," he said. His voice quivered slightly and he mentally slapped himself for not being able to lie. Todoroki stitched his eyebrows together and stared the green-haired boy down. "I know you're lying," he said calmly.

Midoriya could feel Todoroki's eyes on him. Those bi-colored eyes burned holes into the poor boy's skull and he could feel it. His heart was racing. He knew if he met those piercing eyes there was no way he could do it.

"Me and Kacchan just wrestle sometimes. He usually wins but it's still fun," he fibbed and made an awkward laugh which only confirmed Shouto's suspicions.

Todoroki let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes. He opened them again stopped walking. Midoriya felt his arm being grabbed firmly and pulling him back. He turned around and he was face to face with Todoroki.

Midoriya froze. His eyes locked with Shouto's. He saw genuine concern twinkle within the boy's eyes. He felt his face flush with heat as he stared back at Todoroki. They were so close Midoriya could feel Todoroki's warmth breath brush against his lips gently.

"Midoriya, tell me the truth," Todoroki said quietly. His voice was a low whisper so that only Izuku could hear him. A light blush warmed his cheeks and he cursed himself for it.

Midoriya parted his lips slightly, wanting to tell him everything. His urge to trust this boy was too strong. He couldn't lie to those eyes. He let out a soft breath. "Okay, I'll tell you," he caved and looked down for a split second before looking back up at Todoroki. "Kacchan bullies me, daily. He's been doing it since his quirk manifested when we were kids. But now... it's changed. He's been acting different. And I don't know what's going on with him," he finished, feeling ashamed for lying to Todoroki in the first place.

Todoroki growled slightly, thinking of Kacchan hurting Izuku. His sweet, innocent Izuku. A voice cut through his anger. "Please don't hurt him!" Midoriya pleaded. His eyes flicked side to side, searching on Todoroki's face for his answer before it was spoken. "Why?" Shouto furrowed his eyebrows at the smaller boy. Why would he want to protect Kacchan? He scanned the boy, looking for some sign that he was kidding.

Midoriya stared at Todoroki with sincerity in his eyes. "He hasn't done anything physical to me and I don't think he ever will. So please don't hurt him," he pleaded the taller boy. He placed a hand on Todoroki's chest and stared up at him. Todoroki felt warmth spread through his body as Izuku touched him. He looked at the boy and sighed, placing his free hand on Izuku's. "Okay," he agreed with a small smile.

Midoriya gave Todoroki a grateful smile, making the other boy blush slightly. Midoriya let out a breath and looked at his hand on Shouto. He didn't want to move it. His eyes floated up to Shouto and he realized he had moved closer to the boy.

His breath hitched, as they were mere centimeters apart. Their lips, mere moments from connecting. Again, Izuku felt Todoroki's warm breath brush against his lips. He blushed deeply as he looked deep into Shouto's eyes. He felt his eyes closing, their faces moving closer. Their lips...

"There you are Deku!" A voice shouted at them from down the hall.

Their eyes shot open, as if waking up from a dream. They pulled away from each other quickly; Midoriya's face painted red while Todoroki was only pink.

"I was wondering where you two ran off too!" Ochacho skipped up to them. "We better start heading back to the field or Aizawa may get mad," she told them with a hop and stood in front of them. She raised an eyebrow at the two. "Everything okay?" She asked, completely oblivious to what she just interrupted.

Shouto nodded and shook off his blush quickly. "Yeah, we're fine," he reassured her and began to walk down the hallway. He began to think about what might've happened if Uraraka hadn't interrupted them. As he did he felt his cheeks go red. He sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets. This is going to be hard.